Jun 16, 2006

My Brother Has Returned

I don't believe I have ever mentioned on my blog the fact that I have a brother. I do, and he's 2 years younger than me. For many years, my brother has had many issues that he has tried to resolve in a number of ways, without success. Eighteen months ago, he took a step to go out east to try once and for all to deal with the issues. While he was greatly missed while he was gone, it was a comforting feeling to all who love him to know that he was in a safe place receiving the help he needed, and we did not have to worry our nights and days away wondering if he was OK and taking care of himself.

Two days ago, my brother returned home. He has completed his eighteen months and he is now back out in the real world to take the skills that he acquired and apply them to his life. It was a surreal feeling to me to see my brother walk out of that car and give me a hug after returning home after so long. In some ways to me it felt as if he had never gone, and in some ways it felt as though it had been years since I saw him. When my brother left, he was well over 6 feet tall and weighed a mere 140 lbs. Upon his return, he is still well over 6 feet tall, but now weighs a healthy 190 lbs. It was a wonderful feeling to get a hug from my brother and have his strong, healthy arms enfold me. It was wonderful to see my brother interact with his neices and his nephew whom he hasn't seen in a year and a half and who have grown so much since he was gone. It was wonderful to see that sparkle in my brother's eyes, and not the vacant look that so often encompassed his face before he left. It was wonderful to know that he is back with his wife in his apartment where he belongs.

My brother has a whole new life ahead of him and I hope and pray with everything I have that he is a success now, and that all that he has learned and acquired will stay with him and that his focus and resolve will remain firm and solid. I hope he is able to accomplish all his hopes and dreams and enjoy life to the fullest! To you, Kevin, my beloved younger brother....I love you, I missed you, and am so glad you are home!! You have a wonderful life to look forward to! And I hope all your dreams come true!!


Kevin004

7 comments:

Diane Viere said...

No matter how many times I think of your brother--I am still moved to tears! My heart rejoices with you and your family! I share your hope...and your joy!

Diane

someone else said...

Welcome home to Kevin from B&B!

Unknown said...

Welcome home! One glorious, wonderful day at home with your wife at a time!!!

Nicki said...

Oh, what a beautiful post and what a joyous time for your family. Welcome home to your brother!

GiBee said...

Welcome home, Kevin! I'm so excited for your family. I absolutely love your sister and cousins and aunt... they are just the most precious people, and it makes me glow with joy to know that you're back home with them! Praise God.

brooke said...

Welcome home Kevin- Nick is going to be excited to see you and hang out soon!!

Dawn said...

Well, here I am! With a blog. Can you believe it? Don't know how productive I'll be, but time will tell. I've always been know for prolific conversation, but this is different!

Thanks for all the great thoughts about my son's return!