Jun 22, 2006

The Other Shoe Has Dropped!

I said it, didn't I? Didn't I say it? That it was too good to be true?!?! Well, I was right. After knowing Anakin's (formerly Yoda's) mom for a good almost seven years, you would think I would never get to comfortable with her "sometimes" pleasantness. But the most recent bout of pleasantness has gone on for several months. (With the occasional gripe here and there). Anyway, for several months, BM (biological mom...formerly "wanna be mom") has been threatening to go to court and file a motion to get partial custody of Anakin back. We never heed her threats. They are a dime a dozen.

Last week, the other shoe dropped. BM decided that she had been nice long enough. She came to pick up Anakin the other afternoon. Anakin has been on an antiobiotic for the last week due to a sinus infection. When she came, I gave her the medication and told him he needed one more dose that night, and one the next morning. What I failed to mention to her was that the medication needed to be refrigerated. When I realized I failed to mention this fact, I nicely text messaged her and told her that the medicine needed to be refrigerated. She unkindly texted me back and informed me that she has been a mother much longer than I have and that she already knows this. "But thanks!" Nice. This escalated into a vigilant text message sound off between myself, hubster and BM.

I know not too long ago I vowed to let my personal feelings for BM not interfere with the fact that she is a child of God's, and that despite her horrible-ness, I promise to love her, regardless. This is proving to be unbelievably difficult as of the last week. We were just sent in the mail today a petition that she filed with the courts to be granted 1/2 custody of Anakin. I fear that the judge will grant her wish, simply because she is his BM, regardless of the fact that she has proven over and over that she can not get him to school on time, she can not send him with lunch or with lunch money, she has had 4 houses in a year, countless roommates, and several jobs. Who cares, right?! She is his freakin' BM!!!! I hate the justice system. It is so wrong. It makes mothers like myself and all of you who do everything in the world they can for their children feel like, "What's the use?!" If a mother like her can be granted custody simply because he came from her womb, then what's the use? I have been that child's mother since he was less than Care Bear's age, but will a judge care about that? Highly unlikely. Because BM has lying, manipulation and biology on her side. Whatever. I'm just aggravated right now. Bear with me.

Love you all. Have a good night's rest!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

This person makes it so difficult to love as God would have us love. She has hurt so many people so many times. As Beth Moore said in this week's Wednesday program, "Hurt People Hurt People." Though I understand that intellectually, it is very hard to deal with this very disturbed person, who is a very real danger to her son, not physically maybe, but definitely emotionally and spiritually.

Ashley said...

i know that is a tough situation! i'll be thinking about you! at least (if nothing else) you will learn and grow spiritually through all this. someone told me a few weeks ago that no one ever promised it would be easy but He did promise we wouldn't be alone. that's so true! i just hope that BM really thinks about the consequences of dragging him back and forth all the time. it is hard on a kid! i come from a divorced family and i hated being drug from can to can't every other weekend and every wednesdays. it'll all work out! read james. i think that is my favorite book of the Bible. there are so many things in there that hit home with me. keep us updated