Jun 23, 2006

Who Is that Kristen, anyway??

The traffic at Mama's So Called Life seems to have slowed down drastically in the past couple of weeks. Or at least the comments have. Maybe I am boring everyone with my talk of school, my complaints about the person I un-affectionately refer to as BM or my continued talk of American Idol, even though I vowed I would shut up about it after the show ended. Or maybe everyone is just busy and bored with the computer and spending time in the great outdoors with their children. If it is the latter, "Good for you", I say! That is the best thing to be doing. If it is any of the former suggestions, I am posting this in an effort to show more of who I really am when I'm not talking about what I usually talk about it. I will try to answer the question that I know has been burning everyone's brain since you first entered my blog. "Who is exactly is this person, Kristen?!" This is what I know of myself. Although, I haven't quite figured myself out completely.

WHO IS KRISTEN?!?!

  1. I am the oldest of two children.
  2. I am the big sister of Kevin.
  3. I am my mother and father's daughter.
  4. I am mother to Anakin, Care Bear and Feisty.
  5. I am cousin to 19 people.
  6. I am an admissions counselor in a major Colorado University.
  7. My first job was at Little Caesar's Pizza.
  8. I also have worked at KFC, TCBY, Swensen's Ice Cream, a doctor's office when I was in college, a property management company while I was in college, the Chemical Engineering department at this same University, and the Vice President's Office at this same University.
  9. My first major was Business.
  10. I changed it to Psychology.
  11. I thought about doing Social Work.
  12. I am now in Interior Design.
  13. I had four serious (or at least I considered them serious) boyfriends before I met my husband.
  14. My husband was the best friend of a guy I dated my senior year in high school.
  15. I love scary movies.
  16. I love scary books.
  17. I love Days of Our Lives.
  18. If I had one beverage to choose to drink for the rest of my life, it would hands down be Diet Dr. Pepper.
  19. I could probably live on peanut butter if I had to.
  20. I am a recovered anorexic.
  21. I was in a treatment center in Arizona for four months for it 11 years ago.
  22. I was going to become a therapist to help people with eating disorders, but changed my mind.
  23. Occasionally, people still whisper in my mom's ear, "Is Kristen having eating problems again?!" To which I wish to go up to them, wipe the concerned look off their face and say, "Give me a freakin' break! I have a high metabolism! Wanna watch me stuff a 2 lb Chipotle burrito down my face in 10 minutes?! Cuz I can do it!!"
  24. I do everything in my power to make sure I do not do anything to my girls that will ever make them feel as though they need to quit eating as a coping mechanism.
  25. I try to be a good, Christian example to my children. I do my best, but admit that I am not perfect.
  26. If I could look in the future and see everything that is ever going to happen to my children, I would take the bad stuff away, and give it to myself.
  27. If I forget to kiss one of my kids goodbye before I leave for work while they are still sleeping, my whole day is messed up.
  28. I am often one big giant ball of stress.
  29. I love my family more than anything in the world.
  30. I am a child of God.

So, in a nutshell, there I am. I left out a lot I'm sure, but like I said, I can't figure myself out half the time. I hope you feel like you know me better now!!

Have a super, fantastic weekend everyone!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it...it's summer. I'm having low numbers too. And low comments. It'll pass.

Blackeyedsue said...

I didn't know you were an interior designer. What a fun job.

I have been reading, but not commenting. I haven't had time until today. DD#1 is camping with Grandparents and DD#2 is sleeping...I am off the hook!

I still LOVE your blog!

Anonymous said...

You are still high on my list. Speaking of lists LOVE this one you did!! what fun little things to know about you!!

Dawn said...

The Metamorphosis poem you sent us to never ceases to make me cry. What a terrible time, but you won!

Mom

Mall Worker said...

I always stop by! I love the list, thanks for sharing! Don't sweat the traffic, its that time of year!

Anonymous said...

hey, i do think i know that kristin person better! (and i like her)

Gabriela said...

Oooo, I love Dr. Pepper too. My comments have been a little lower too. Summer I think.

You sound like a good mommy!

Lei said...

I recommend being in prolonged unprogressive labor in order to draw people from their yards and children back to your blog. :)

Like the idea of your list...

Amanda said...

I read everyday and enjoy it-sorry for not commenting as often. I like your list- I may have to copy that idea.

Diane Viere said...

Kristen,

Thanks for sharing the list! Now, when I see you in July---I won't have so many "get acquainted questions!" We'll start with that Diet Dr. Pepper thing---what's wrong with Diet Coke????? ;)

I just read the comment from your mom--any thoughts of posting your poem, "Metamorphosis." You know, we are all in varying stages of transformation! Your honesty and clarity of self--helps each of us on our journey!

You are a blessing!

Diane

Sherry said...

I live for Diet Dr. Pepper (though not as much with being pregnant) and Chipotle...but they don't have Chipotle at the new town. We are seriously going to have issues with that, it's our traditional Friday night date night destination. Quite romantic eh?

Dawn said...

This is her mom - we noticed that, too. For one thing all the old dude ranches have been turned into mental health facilities, it seems. For another, though it's hot and miserable, there's something about the quiet and aromas in the desert that are calming and soothing to the soul. At least that's what I felt when we went there for family week. Praise God for that place! It saved her life.

Danielle said...

You are loved by God!
You are loved by God!
You are loved by God!

Just wanted to add. Happy Sunday! Thanks for this great insight into YOU>

mamashine said...

Such a fun list!

And you're meeting people in July, I see in the comments? Did I miss that you're going to be at some blog function? Where?

kpjara said...

I loved your list and your open honesty about your anorexia. Of course the smart alec' in me loved the comment you said (on the inside) to the 'whisperer' about anorexia.

someone else said...

I liked who you are even before reading this list. Great fun to read!

Unknown said...

I think people are out enjoying summer.
I enjoyed your list.
NOBODY is perfect :-)
Sorry you're having troubles with BM.

Kari said...

Your mom put me on to this post so I could see the link in #20. I just had to say... you have a gift with words. I loved your "metamorphosis" and am so happy that you also have your wings now! You're right... no matter the journey... the change is worth it!