Jun 13, 2006

Sabattical is Over!

I don't think I've gone a whole week without posting since I started blogging regularly. I feel so detached from my blog and from everyone else. I hope you all haven't given up on me and taken me off of your favorites! As I mentioned last week, my schedule was really weird last week and I've been away from my computer for 5.5 days now. I haven't been down at my mom's at all either to use hers. I missed you all! Did you miss me?! :-)

Hmmmm....what do I have to tell you since last we spoke? Well, Care Bear had a pretty big weekend. She had her first sleepover at the next door neighbors house on Friday night. I had suggested to her that she have "Blondie 1" over to sleep at our house that night, but apparently Blondie 1 is too scared to stay at any house other than her own, so Blondie 1's mom (Barbie....remember her?) invited Care Bear to stay overnight there. "What?!" I thought to myself. "You are inviting my child to come to your house?!" Well, needless to say, Care Bear was more than thrilled at the prospect. Barbie asked me to give her a little time to take a shower and get something to eat and then she would come over and get Care Bear. About 1/2 hour later, the doorbell rang and when I answered it, there stood Blondie 1 and Blondie 2 in their jammies to pick up Care Bear. I walked her over (and of course Feisty had to come, too) and when I opened the door and let her in there, I asked Blondie 1 to give Barbie our phone number in case she needed to call me. Blondie 1 then informed me very loudly, "My mom is nekkid, but I'll give it to her." ROFL! Care Bear barely even said goodbye to me as she pretty much shut the door on my face asserting her independence. As she shut the door, I heard her announce to Blondie 1, "You don't have to be scared. I'll sleep in your bed with you." I choked back a little sob as I realized how quickly my "baby" is growing up. Feisty was less than thrilled that she had to walk back home with mommy instead of being included in the fun; but mommy knows best, right??? You'd think so. But apparently not. At 12:45, Feisty woke up. At 1:00 a.m., I got a call from Barbie telling me that Care Bear was really upset and wanted to come home. Hubby wasn't in bed, so I went downstairs to see if he was still up so he could go get Care Bear since I was dealing with Feisty. Lo and behold! Hubby was gone. Where? I don't know. But that's beside the point. I had to grab Feisty and haul her next door to get Care Bear, who of course, also wanted to be held. There I am in the middle of the night with two unhappy little girls, carrying half my body weight across the neighborhood to home. And getting my feet soaking wet in the process from wet grass. FUN!! My girls got crappy sleep, I got crappy sleep, and Care Bear woke up in the morning sick. Woo-hoo! In hind-sight, I believe I would not have condoned a sleep over for my 3.5 year old daughter. Sometimes mommy doesn't know best. In my defense, I had no earthly clue that Barbie would allow them to stay up until 1 a.m. without forcing the issue of sleep! What is that?!?! So, the weekend pretty much was a crapper. Total crapper! At least she seems to be feeling better now, and Blondie 1 informed me yesterday that Care Bear wants to have another sleep-over soon. Yeah. Right. That'll happen in this millenium! Not unless Barbie and I have a talk about what is appropriate sleeping time for three girls ages 2-5. I'm not having another weekend like that one.

Yoda (who has requested that I refer to him as Annakin instead of Yoda) was supposed to go to church camp today. He went last year and loved it! He's been looking forward to it for months. Well, Yoda-Annakin caught Care Bear's bug. Annakin is not at camp today. He's bummed. I'm bummed. Good news is, he can catch another session at the end of the month. I hope he'll go for it because that session is in tee-pees instead of in cabins. Annakin is not your rustic kind of kid. Not.at.all. So I'm thinkin' it's gonna be a no go.

I am so thrilled because I finally got grades on most of the assignments I've done and at this point I have a strong, solid "A" in my class. I am seriously considering the option of going back full time next spring so that I can finish quicker and maybe even have a great job doing what I want by the time my kids are all in school. Going back, though, depends on the kind of financial aid package I receive. Hope it's good. I have not yet informed my colleagues that I am considering this. They won't be pleased. It'll be a major life change for me and quite an adjustment. This has been my comfort zone for almost 10 years and going back into the world of academia and leaving my secure job is a little nerve-wracking. But I would really like to finish school before I'm 40. I really would. What do you all think?

I will have another award on Friday. I tried a new recipe last night, so I have one to give!

Still waiting for the female parental unit to download the Ace pictures for me so I can post them and tell you about the night. I don't think she's in a big hurry to do it. It's all good. As long as they don't get deleted!!

Again, I've missed my blogging buddies! I hope you still come check me out and don't give up on me! :-) Have a superb day!!

10 comments:

mamashine said...

You're back! Hi!

Wow, I thought you meant Care Bear had woken up afraid in the night. They were still UP?! My goodness. That's a little crazy.

Hope Anakin is feeling better soon!

Mall Worker said...

Glad to see you back and to hear that your doing great in your class!

Staying up that late for little girls is just insane! No wonder she wanted to come home! Its a shame she had to get sick! I hope she and Anakin feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Sorry about your sleep deprived weekend. That's no good.

Glad you're back!!

Diane Viere said...

Of course we missed you! Glad you're back. I was thrilled to see your comment today--so hurried on over--glad to catch up!~

Diane

Kathryn Thompson said...

Welcome back. It is so rough as a kid to get sick when you're really really counting on going to an activity. I never thought about how hard it would be as a mom to keep my kids home when they really really want to go somewhere.

someone else said...

Welcome back! I've missed you.

Amanda said...

I check everyday! I am a faithful reader-even it I do not comment. Good job with school- I know you will make a good decision about what do with the future of it.

Gina said...

Yay! Glad you are back. Sorry you had a crappy weekend...

Good luck maintaining the A status... I admire your will to get that schooling finished up! WAY TO GO!

Anonymous said...

The daring one's comment reminded me of when I was 13 and had mono. I was really sick around Christmas time. It took me months to feel normal again. That summer our denomination was sending kids to an international conference/camp in Estes Park, if they qualified. We had to learn 30-some unrelated Bible verses and write an essay. I was chosen as an alternate. The event was in Estes Park, many miles from my Minnesota home. My mom told me that even if I had been chosen, they might have not let me go because of how sick I'd been. I think I was pretty glad to be an alternate at that time, because to be kept home when I qualified would have been worse!

kpjara said...

Barbie sounds like she may not have had good examples of parenting skills.

Glad your back...Good job on the Grades..keep it up! Remember even if you can't do the full-time thing...you will finish eventually!

My husband is getting ready to finish school after being in school our WHOLE MARRIAGE...and most recently full time so I NEVER see him...and we don't have children...yet! You may be expecting too much of yourself to go fulltime and have a family life.