Apr 19, 2006

An Angel in Disguise...and another meme!

I have been tagged for the "6 wierd things about me" meme by Maine Mom. So that will be coming at the end (to give me time to think about some wierd stuff). But first, I must discuss the angel that I have living in my house that is disguised as a "Fiesty" almost two year old. I truly do not believe I have ever met a more sensitive, un-selfish, caring and loving two year old than my little Fiesty. Sometimes I look at her and I think to myself, "God has truly given me an angel. I can almost see the halo above her head." This is a child who would rather help mommy clean, do dishes, vacuum, and help with laundry rather than play. This is a child who consistently gets her own toys taken away from her by her sometimes bullyish older sister, and hands them away to her to simply keep the peace. This is a child, who when requesting a snack, a juice, or something at the store for herself then insists on getting her sister one as well. It isn't even in her thought process to keep the treat all to herself. She wants to share the joy of her treat. This is a child who when she wakes up in the morning immediately starts asking for her sister before she does anything else. This is a child who, when I pummeled my head on the corner of the kitchen table the other night, heard me yelp, came up to me with a concerned look on her face, rubbed my head and asked me, "OK? Ahhh...Mommy", then kissed my head. This is a child, who while laying in bed with me one night had a blanket covering herself, looked over at me, covered up my legs and said, "Have some?"

I could go on and on and on bragging about my sweet little Fiesty, but I won't make you all puke in your trash cans. I was just thinking about her last night and all of the things I see her do in one day, and all the ways she amazes me at her capacity for love, empathy and sharing at such a young age and I had to share. My other two are amazing in their own ways as well. But this is how my Fiesty is special. She has a heart as big as all of Texas and as pure as gold. I just hope she stays this way; my little angel (but then again....I doubt angels bite....)

And now the six wierd things meme:

1. Some people may not find this wierd, but my husband does. I hate fish and any type of food that comes from the sea or any other body of water. Keep.It.Away.

2. I wear mismatched socks often because I am constantly losing socks. As long as they are similar in color and style, I'll wear 'em. (But usually cover them with shoes that don't make the unmatching socks visible).

3. I don't enjoy cooking. I'm no good at it (except for the things I cook all the time), I can never come up with new and exciting things for my family, and it's just too time consuming. If I had the luxury of having a full time cook, I'd hire one in a heart beat.

4. I get nervous talking on the phone to people; except when it's job related. I can talk to people I don't know with no problem; put me on the phone with someone I've known forever, and I get uncomfortable. I'd rather communicate via e-mail or writing any day.

5. I want to be an Interior Designer, but have never once watched any of those design shows on TV (i.e. Trading Spaces, Extreme Home Makeover, etc.)

6. I turn my space heater on in my office under my desk in the middle of the summer. Maybe if facilities wouldn't blast the air conditioner so high in my office, I wouldn't have to do this. But I do, therefore am considered "wierd" by several co-workers who aren't as cold-blooded as me.

That's my wierdness. I'm sure there are many more, but in a time crunch here, so that's what I came up with. :-)

Who should I tag?? Hmmm....
How about: J.D., Sherry, Amanda, and Diane.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Precious girl, that Feisty.

I'm with you on the phone talking thing. I really don't like to talk on the phone.

Anonymous said...

Oh I just saw your tag!! I will correct my post :)

Unknown said...

Can I borrow Feisty to be an example for my children?! She sounds so sweet.
Thanks for playing tag, especially since it was your second one. I just noticed you tagged me for the other meme, so I'll do that soon.

Rachelle said...

Your girl is precious. I love your weirdness. I share many of them. #3 - I bake well, but don't like to cook. So want to hire a cook too. #4 - I hate talking on the phone to people I don't know. I make dh make all phone calls for me as much as possible.

Kathryn Thompson said...

I totally hear you on the space heater thing. Why is it that so many buildings are hot in the winter and freezing in the summer?

someone else said...

What a sweetie of a child. Maybe the name Feisty should become something else.

Elozia Marie said...

#1 is one weirdness I completely share - I can't stand anything that could be remotely considered seafood. My sisters love seaweed, fish, shrimp, clams, etc, but even the smell makes me gag.

Your little "feisty" sounds like such a sweetie!

Lei said...

ditto Kathryn... church buildings especially!

also a phone hater, lol!

Gina said...

***Barging in***
I completely agree with #1... my hubby thinks I am crazy! He is from Seattle and therefore a fresh seafood fanatic! He says it would be a waste if we ever moved back that way...