Apr 24, 2006

HALLELUJAH!!!

Picture it. Me. In a field full of dancing flowers. Fireworks blasting in the sky. Doing pirouettes and all kinds of other frou-frou ballet moves. The Boston Symphony Orchestra is playing the Hallelujah Chorus behind me at full blast. In my best operatic vibrato, I am singing, "HALLELUJAH...HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLAY--LOO--YAHHH!!" My child, the one of the Fiesty variety, has slept through the night the past 4 nights in a row. You may be saying to yourself, "So, what's the big deal? My kid has done this since week eight!" Yeah. I don't wanna hear about it. Cuz my kid hasn't. She's almost two, and has just figured out how to do this. I'm not asking why, and I'm not asking why she took so long to decide to do this. I'm just thankful. That's it. Just happy to get more than two hours of sleep at a time with this child. So, thank you Fiesty, and PLEASE, keep it up!! (I've probably jinxed myself by the simple act of putting this in writing). Now, if I could just figure out how to get her to quit pooping in the tub, I'll be set!

SIDE NOTE ONE: Saturday, my kids were in their swimming suits playing in their little wading pool for two hours. Today it's snowing. My state is so bi-polar.

SIDE NOTE TWO: Thanks so much for all the great responses on the request for recipes! I plan to try at least one new recipe a week from this, and when I use a recipe that you gave me, I will put your name on my side bar under the heading: I HELPED KRISTEN COOK!! Yeah, not the most exciting award in the world, but you are assisting me in giving my kids better food to eat, therefore you deserve recognition!

So now, I must bundle my kids up and get them ready to go out and run some errands. I guess it's a good thing I didn't pack up their winter clothes this weekend when I did my eight hour obsessive cleaning of the house.

13 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Your state is "so bi-polar!" LOL!

Living in Minnesota is a little like that. Well, sometimes like that....o.k....just ocassionally like that!

:) Diane

Jane said...

YAY YAY YAY for more sleep!!!
I could just picture that field of flowers and the Boston pops playing. Loved your post!

Here is hoping for more nights of the same!

Gabriela said...

You must still live where you grew up if you are talking about the "bi-polarness" of your state!! I remember it well!

Congrats on sleeping for 4 straight nights. I understand. My #3 didn't sleep through the night until he was well over a year. Celebrate!

GiBee said...

Yay, Fiesty!!! (Yay, mom! More sleep!)

I've missed you WAY WAY mucho lotsness! I felt like I've been absent from Blog world because I've been crazed since right before Easter and haven't had much time to go to all my fav blogs...

But I'm back! (is that a blessing or a threat???)

And I love your description of your state... Bi-Polar! LOL!!!

Lei said...

bi-polar state, lol... I think that may also apply to TX on some days!!!

cheers to a full night's rest! ;)

Anonymous said...

Rofl.... Mine haven't slept at week 8..that's for sure!!! Congrats on finally a good night sleep run! :)4 days is HUGE!
woot woot!
I think just about every state is bipolar now-a-days! MamaNature isn't too kind these days. We had 80-90+ last week, and this is barely 50. And rain. And tornados.
:(
boo.

Unknown said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah sleep glorious sleep! It's a beautiful thing.

Pooping in the tub, eh? Sounds like the warm water is a natural laxative for her. Mine used to do that too. Man I hated cleaning that up.

Sorry about the weather. We're finally getting some pretty weather here but I'm trying not to get too attached. There is sure to be cold snap again before June.

Sherry said...

Yeah for Miss Fiesty...sleep sleep sleep away. I hear you on the poop in the tub...such a wonderful thing. She's done it while I was in there with her once before. real fun let me say

Mall Worker said...

lol, I love that, "bi-polar state!"

Big way to go to Fiesty! I'm so glad that you can get a full nights sleep now! I hope she keeps it up!!

owlhaven said...

Hooray for sleep!!

Mary, whose 3 year old still wakes about 3 nights a week...and whose 1 yr old wakes 3 times a night...yawn...

Unknown said...

Yay for sleep! I too hope you didn't jinx it by writing about it...that always happens to me!

someone else said...

Three cheers for Fiesty!!

I like your cooking idea. I tried a recipe that someone named Mary from a blog called "Mary on a Mission" posted on blog I read regularly. It's so good! Give it a try and let her know if you like it to:

"Bake chicken breasts in the oven on 350 for about 25 minutes. Then you put a little honey mustard dressing on them, top with sauteed mushrooms and onions and a little cheddar cheese. Put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese after that. This is supposed to be like Alice Springs Chicken at Outback Steakhouse."

I baked my chicken for closer to an hour because the pieces were big ones, but it is sooooo good!

Gina said...

K, this was a great great post! Rejoice Rejoice! Thanks for sharing, but now I am nervous my kid will take another 18 months to figure out sleeping thru the night...