Apr 21, 2006

Friday Randomness

I really have nothing of importance to say today. No particular topic in mind. By Friday, my brain is fried. Give me a break people. So, whatever thoughts randomly come into my head today, is what I will say. :-) (That really could be scary).

First thing, I was on my way to work this morning, blaring my radio with the windows open, hair flying all over the place, listening to a song that I hear all the time but have never really listened to the words. I do that all the time. When I like a song, it's typically more because of the rhythm, the beat, the music, etc...I don't often listen to the lyrics because half the time I can't understand them anyway. But today, for some reason, I listened to the lyrics of this song, and they really stood out to me. It's a great song, so I am going to treat you to the lyrics of it, courtesy http://www.wowlyrics.com.

The song is, Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield .

UNWRITTEN

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Oh, oh

I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten

Oh, yeah, yeah

Isn't that a great song?! I love it!

Next, I must discuss the demise of Ace on American Idol. Could I be more sad? I knew that he wasn't the best, or the most talented, and I didn't truly think he'd win, but I was hoping he'd get a little bit further. He's just so dang cute, and so sweet, and he's from where I am from!! Oh, well....as long as Chris sticks around, I'll be alright. I about had a heart attack when they were in the bottom two together this week. I had that sinking realization that one of my two favorites was gone and that others, who in my opinion, were less deserving, would still be around. SIMON even complimented Ace this week. America did him wrong. That's all I have to say. Your fans will miss you Ace!
Ace

My husband started a new job this week working for DirectTV. His training is supposed to be all this week, then he hits the ground running next week. Wednesday morning, they sent him home because someone heard him, um, yakking in the bathroom. Yeah. So they told him to come home. Later that day, they called him and told him that since he missed a day of training, that he should wait to come back until Monday to start training over. Hello?! That doesn't work for me. I am sorry. I think they should pay him regardless because they sent him home. They told him to wait until next week to start over. Grr. Anyone agree, or am I alone in this??

As I mentioned before, I hate cooking. More than hating to cook, I just hate trying to figure out things to make that my family will like and will actually eat. I can not tell you how sick I am of mac n cheese, hot dogs, grilled cheese, pizza, peanut butter sandwiches, ramen noodles and the like. I am in desperate need of some ideas for quick, easy, and inexpensive ideas for what to cook my family. I am issuing a challenge. Post some recipes here for me, or email them to me and post that you sent me one. If I pick your recipe, I will acknowledge you on my blog...maybe I'll even create some sort of banner to put on your website. Who knows. I just need some help!! PLEASE. All you good cooks out there, show yourselves!!

And last but not least, some Easter pictures. I can't believe we didn't get any of the actual hunt; we just got video of that, but here are some pre-Easter dinner pics before we changed the girls out of their clothes. Yoda, as usual, was absent due to the fact that his mother had him and refuses to change the schedule to allow him to attend church with us. Anyway, here they are:
Easter with MomWith Mommy.
Easter with Gma and GpaWith Grandma & Grandpa
Easter with bear on headWith Grandma being silly!
Easter on the motorcycle--livi&hayley 036Ready for a ride on Grandpa's Motorcycle!!

Care Bear was pretty grumpy while we were trying to take pictures. It took quite a bit to make her smile. When she put the bear on her head, it made her smile, so I went with it! The little bruise under Fiesty's eye? An injury compliments of her big sister. A little souvenir from a time she dare try to take a toy from Care Bear. My poor little baby. She's a tough girl!!

I think that may be all that is running through my head at this point in time. Now I must get back to work. I had my evaluation on Wednesday and it went well. I don't want to give my supervisor a reason to want to change her mind. Enjoy your weekend all! I'm looking forward to 77 degree weather. Gonna break out the shorts and the sunscreen. :-)

Oh, wait. P.S. I just thought of one more thing! How is it that I received a scammer comment when you have to put in that pass-word thingy to comment on my blog? I deleted it, but I had a nice comment in Wednesdays post on how to receive some great Playboy stuff! Just what I wanted to see!

13 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

Okay, that is really funny. Email me and I'll send you a bunch of easy recipes I love that don't break any copywrite laws. I am an internet mind-reader.

Seriously, I'd suggest trying the dinner trading thing. It is really fun and saves so much of the "what to cook?" lameness. You always know what's for dinner and usually you don't even have to cook it.

The easter pictures are really cute, by the way.

Mall Worker said...

Those are some very cute pics!

A quick easy dinner I love to make I call: Lazy man's chicken parmesan.

You take some boneless shinless chicken breasts and cook them in the oven with shake-n-bake. Follow the directions on the box of shake-n-bake and about 5 minutes before its done take it out, throw on some spaghettie sauce, some shredded mozzarella cheese and some parmesan cheese, put it back in the oven until cheese is melted and bam, you have supper.

I think its good anyway :)

Rachelle said...

Cute pics! I hate to cook too, so I totally relate. I just hate thinking of things to cook. Maybe we can come up with ideas together.

mamashine said...

I love that song. The first time I ever heard it was on American Idol, actually. Ayla sang it the week she got kicked off. :)

Here's a recipe everyone in my family loves:
Fry a pound or so of hamburger with some onion and green pepper if you like it that way, then add a can of tomato sauce, 1/4 tsp each of garlic salt and cumin, and a can of green beans.

Let that simmer a few minutes while you take a tube of crescent rolls apart and put them in a pie pan to make crust. Beat an egg and smear it on the crust with a handful of shredded cheese. Pour the meat mixture on top, put more cheese on top of that, and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.

Or, be like Daring Young Mom and have people bring things to your door. I want to get in on that deal!

Anonymous said...

Those are some adorable dresses!! This weekend we are all dressing up cause last week we had the YUCKS!! Great song!!

Unknown said...

I wonder the same things about those stray spammers that get through.

Cute Easter pictures!

I break the cardinal rule of family feeding regularly. I fix real food for the hubs and I and fix the kids their own stuff if I'm making something they won't touch. I try to make the two at least relate to each other and I really try to get them to at least try what I'm making. It doesn't always work. I can't live on macaroni and cheese.

Glad to hear about the new job! Hope he's feeling better next week.

Diane Viere said...

Well, never have I been so inspired, so in total agreement, and so humored over a post about nothing! Good job!

Diane

Unknown said...

Beautiful Easter pics, Your children are darling! I will miss Ace as well-but like you said Chris is still in, but we made need to vote, he was in the bottom three! Yikes! Just stumbled onto your blog-a good read! Blessings!

someone else said...

"Live your life with arms wide open" -- I like those words.

Great pics, Kristen.

Goodbye Ace, although you are very cute.

I wouldn't call this a post about nothing!

Gabriela said...

Hi Kristen, first time reader here. I noticed the part about Ace Young; we went to the same HS (not the same year, I am a little older, but his brother was in my class), did you go to the same HS as well?

Anyway, Friday on my blog I have been posting easy, freezable recipes.

Cute Easter pics!

Anonymous said...

Unwritten is totes my running jam. Love that song.

Jane said...

I liked your random post about nothing. And your Easter pictures are so cute! Sorry about Ace, I am a Taylor fan, so I am just so glad he is still there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen. I think this is my first comment on your blog! I don't know if this is well known in the States but Natasha Bedingfield is a Christian and she got her 'break' in Hillsong Church in London. Kind of cool! I always think that knowing that always gives her songs an extra dimension. (Same as her bro Daniel Bedingfield.. is he big there?)