Apr 11, 2006

My kid is an honor student at

blah bede blah blah school. I used to get so annoyed when I saw those stickers on people's cars. How obnoxious can you be bragging about your kid on the back of your vehicle?? I mean really.

I fear I may become one of those parents I used to find obnoxious. I had Care Bear's first parent/teacher conference at her pre-school last Friday. "Conferences for pre-school?!", I thought at first. What are you going to tell me? That my kid colors in the lines well? That she can say her ABCs? Maybe she misses the J,K,L sequence. Does that mean she gets held back in pre-school and doesn't graduate onto kindergarten?

Well, as it turns out, Care Bear does color in the lines fairly well. She knows her ABCs (including the JKL sequence) she can spell and write her name, and she gets along well with the other kids. WHEW! Now I can relax. My child will successfully graduate onto her "pre-kindergarten" class next year, and if all goes well, will graduate on to the kindergarten class the following year. And I was worried. (Not really, though).

I think I'll go over to the school now and purchase my "My child is an honor student at Trinity Lutheran Preschool" bumper sticker now. Forgive me.


Care Bear's First Day of School

Care Bear's first day of school (sorry it's kind of dark).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Back pack!! what a cute little Care Bear!!

Unknown said...

She's a genius. Pure genius. You should sport at list six of those stickers all the way across the bumper. And maybe one on the rear window too.

Mall Worker said...

Those stickers used to annoy me too. Not anymore so much! Care Bear is doing great! Put those stickers all over the place!

someone else said...

Way to go, Care Bear! You have every right to be a pleased and proud Mommy.

When you get your bumper sticker, get one for Grandpa S's car too. hee hee

Sherry said...

what a genius!

Lei said...

Rofl, I swear I was JUST wondering the same thing the other day! I was sitting behind an SUV with 8, count them - 8, of those bumper stickers from their past 4 years of activities/teams! I thought, will I ever gp there?