Apr 14, 2006

I.Am.Bored

And that never happens to me! I mean, never. Everything is boring to me today. My job, my desk, my car, even my blog. I'm bored. And I don't know why. I had my advising appointment today. I am ready to go, and will actually be starting in summer with an on-line course instead of waiting until fall. YIKES. I now only have a month to prepare myself to become a student again instead of 4 months. Maybe that's why I feel bored today. I have the excitement of going to back to school in my blood and I just want to start right away. I'm nervous, but at the same time, I want to get going right away. Enough waiting already. Let's get it started! (OK, now I have that Black Eyed Peas song running through my head and probably will all day...)

So, anyway, in honor of my boredom, I think I'm going to copy Morning Glory and do a "50 things about me" list today. That will definitely help my boredom to try and come up with fifty things about myself. I'm not sure I even know fifty things about myself. Sooo, here we go.

50 Things About Kristen You've Always Wanted to Know (you know you have!)

  1. I still live where I was born and raised (city and state).
  2. I currently live three houses down from the house I grew up in.
  3. Yoda is my step-son.
  4. Fiesty was born on her due date!
  5. My husband was the best friend of my high school sweetheart.
  6. My high school sweetheart was killed in a car accident 4 years ago.
  7. My hair is naturally blonde (but is getting darker as the years go by).
  8. My mom takes care of my kids when I have to work.
  9. My favorite foods include peanut butter and cheese.
  10. My favorite snack/junk food is Hostess Cupcakes (chocolate!)
  11. I haven't kept in touch with any of my high school friends!
  12. I didn't go to my ten year reunion. (The agenda was mostly revolved around alcohol....)
  13. I love to ski (water and snow).
  14. I love to read anything by Dean Koontz, Stephen King, and Tami Hoag....I throw a little Danielle Steel in there every once in awhile, too.
  15. My favorite movie is Erin Brockovich.--she kicks butt!!
  16. My favorite actress is Reese Witherspoon.
  17. I wear size 7 shoe.
  18. I have 20/20 vision.
  19. I only labored for 6 hours for each of my girls.
  20. My current favorite color is blue.
  21. I love to read People magazine.
  22. I enjoy keeping up on celebrity gossip....I don't know why.
  23. I've been a Days of Our Lives fan since 8th grade. I was home sick for about a week in 8th grade; I was tired of game shows...I turned to soaps. Awful, I know!
  24. One of my best friends is my 52 year old co-worker. I now know what I will be like when I am 52...we are a lot alike!
  25. I was in two musicals in high school: "Oklahoma" and "The Music Man."
  26. I was a cheerleader in 9th grade; didn't like it so much, so switched my efforts to being in the music program. I enjoyed it much more!
  27. I have majored in Business and Psychology and college and have now switched gears completely to Interior Design.
  28. I am 10 months older than my husband (a fact he loves to continually remind me of!)
  29. I live 1/2 hour away from the Rocky Mountains.
  30. I have worked at my current job for 9 years now!
  31. I am allergic to grass, weeds, mold, dust, dogs, cats, tree pollen and just about anything that floats in the air this time of year. Let's just say that I'm constantly sneezing right about now.
  32. I was diagnosed with my allergies when I was 5 years old and got a shot in each arm every week until I went to college. Now I just suffer.
  33. I used to be on my swim team in junior high and high school.
  34. I play piano and flute.
  35. I'm deathly afraid of spiders.
  36. I'm deathly afraid of tornados.
  37. Despite my allergy of cats, I have had two in the past. My allergy has gotten worse since they have been gone.
  38. My birthday is in December.
  39. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
  40. I haven't cut my hair in 7 months! (not even a trim.....bad, I know).
  41. My eyes are blue.
  42. I rarely polish my fingernails.
  43. I rarely wear jewelry (I'm very low maintenance)!
  44. I love to write.
  45. I am not a very creative cook....I cook the same things all the time.
  46. These people are all members of my family: Karen, Queen Beth, Amanda, Morning Glory, Sherry, and Brooke. (Oh, man I hope I didn't forget anyone!!)
  47. I'm typing this on my lunch hour!
  48. I'm wearing new sandles today.
  49. I got a sunburn yesterday being outside with my kids.
  50. I'm running out of things to think about!

I think that is about it!! Now, back to the boredom! :-) Have a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend. Go to church. Remember what the holiday is about!!



P.S. I just realized I was tagged for a meme by Morning Glory. I will do her meme next time I post! Thanks, auntie! :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your list...I'm thinking of doing it on my blog sometime.
Plan a vacation to Maine and I'll show you where Stephen King lives :-)

Unknown said...

New sandals and a sunburn? I'm so jealous.

I didn't know that about the allergy shots.

someone else said...

Well that was fun to read! We're the same on #10 and 28, besides the family member one. LOVE those Hostess chocolate cupcakes! I can't just eat one -- I have to eat both of them in one sitting.

Rachelle said...

Those were fun to read! Thanks for sharing.

kpjara said...

Thank you for being bored today...it resulted in your sharing more of who you are! I enjoy that...

I can relate because I've got bad spring fever and I'm not even in school, sad really! I SO want to be outside in the sun even if I'm just staring at a cloudless sky!

Gina said...

I liked this post... I wish I had read it last friday... I missed church on Sunday and felt so horribly guilty because of the holiday

And your boredom on this Friday is my boredom today. At least on dull days you still come up with a cool post! Way to go!