May 12, 2006

3rd weekly award and Randomness

Well, here I am at May 12, 2006 currently re-living 2 years ago when I was in heavy labor with my precious little Fiesty. In 29 minutes (2 years ago) she was born. I can't even believe how quickly time flies. Little did I know that the three months following her birth would be such difficult ones. Care Bear was only 20 months when Fiesty was born and she had a difficult (to put it mildy) time adjusting to no longer being the princess baby. Add to that the fact that she had just been diagnosed with amblyopia and was sporting brand new glasses that she had to adjust to. We had also decided that we could no longer co-exist in the small 2 bedroom townhome we were living in with five of us and found a home three doors down from my parents.

New sister+
New Glasses+
New House= Unhappy Care Bear. For several months.

Fiesty also decided to add to this distress by being a colicky baby for the first three months of her life. I just know she did it on purpose to make her new mommy's life that much more miserable.

I can not count the number of times that I ran the 100 feet down to my mom's house with my screaming, crying infant to seek her help in calming her down. She would sometimes take her from me to give me a rest for a few minutes and walk the street, up and down, up and down, over and over in an effort to calm her down. Suffice it to say, at this time of year for the last two years, I get a little sinking feeling in my gut when I remember how miserable I felt at that time. And that made me feel guilty, because I shouldn't be miserable! I have a sweet, wonderful new baby girl in my life. I can't be miserable, for cryin' out loud!

Now two years later, my daughters are the best of friends (with the sibling rivalry mixed in there every once in awhile.) Care Bear dotes on her little sister, and Fiesty never thinks of doing a single thing in her life without her big sister. At that time I never thought life would be comfortable again, but it is (although very chaotic most of the time.)

All of that to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIESTY. My sweet girl. You are a big two year old girl now, and I am so proud of you and I love you so much, baby!!

Now, I can not let a Friday randomness post go by without mentioning American Idol. You all knew it was coming. CHRIS. I am still mourning the loss of Chris this week. I was truly in shock and a little bit mad at America when I heard Ryan say that Chris was out this week. I really thought it was a joke. I thought Ryan was going to do an AI first, and turn around and say, "Just kidding. You're out Katherine". Yes, it would be a cruel joke, but I would've been happy. I have nothing against Kat. I think she is a beautiful girl with an outstanding voice and talent. I also love Elliot and Taylor as well. But for some reason since the audition round, I had a thing for Chris. He seems to be an upstanding guy; married an older woman, took in her children, loves them and works hard for them. This was his dream. There was just something about him that made me want him to win. But, I should have known. Didn't I say this always happens to me?! Oh, well. I'm sure someone will pick him up. I just wanted my favorite to win. FOR ONCE. I'm done. No more AI for me. until next year.


Alright. No more rambling on. Time for the Friday "I HELPED KRISTEN COOK" award. This was a great recipe that my whole family enjoyed. My husband is actually looking forward to dinner time now to see what new concoction I will come up with. Of course, I always give credit where credit is due. He knows about you people. Oh, yes. He knows. Today's award goes to:

KEP

from
I'm copying and pasting the recipe she submitted straight from her comments to me. Thanks again, KEP!
Fry a pound or so of hamburger with some onion and green pepper if you like it that way, then add a can of tomato sauce, 1/4 tsp each of garlic salt and cumin, and a can of green beans.Let that simmer a few minutes while you take a tube of crescent rolls apart and put them in a pie pan to make crust. Beat an egg and smear it on the crust with a handful of shredded cheese. Pour the meat mixture on top, put more cheese on top of that, and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
It was soo good! Thanks again!
And I'm out. Hope everyone's weekend is fabu-loso!!

9 comments:

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl. And Chris was my favorite too. I was so mad when they sent him home - SO MAD! Something is seriously wrong there.

Diane Viere said...

Happy Birthday to your Feisty little one!

I'm so glad that your mom and I have had the opportunity to "talk." Please give her a squeeze hug--when you see her next--for me, o.k? Really nice that you live so close. I wonder if I can make that happen for my daughter and her husband! Better start checking the real-estate section this afternoon! Great idea!

Love visiting your blog--you are a great writer...and have such a great attitude! Your mom must be so-o-o proud!

Diane

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Miss Feisty!

Mall Worker said...

Happy Birthday Feisty!!

Sherry said...

Thank goodness for mamas...or grandmas in your case=). Happy B-day Miss Fiesty!!! See you tomorrow!

Lammy said...

happy mother's day!

mamashine said...

Happy Birthday Feisty!

Happy Mother's Day Kristen!

And I'm so glad you liked the pie. :) It's my mother-in-law's recipe and was one my husband grew up with. Good stuff.

Lei said...

Wow - my daughter has esotropia. She's undergone surgery 4 times and doesn't wear glasses... but we may be looking at more surgeries in the future. Small world, huh! Happy b-day Fiesty!

Anonymous said...

yay Fiesty Two that is a big milestone!! Congrats!!