May 5, 2006

Friday Award Time and some Randomness

Well, here we are at Friday again, which means it is time to award another "I HELPED KRISTEN COOK" award. I just realized that I forgot to make a "call for recipes" on Tuesday. Cool. My brand new award and I'm already goofing up on it! Hey, this is new to me, too. It'll take time. :-) So, consider this your call for recipes. If you wanna submit one, be my guest either via my comments, or via email. If you do send one to my email, let me know in the comments, though, because I typically only check my yahoo email account once a day or so, unless I'm expecting something to come there.

Let me say that I have already tried several of the recipes that you awesome people have sent to me and they have all been met with great success. I am having so much fun cooking new things for my family and I think they appreciate it, too! ;-) I'm considering awarding twice a week because I have so many. We'll see. I also am working with The Queen to possibly make a banner you can display on your website proving that you helped me cook! More on that to come soon.

In addition today, I will also be throwing in some "randomness". It seems like by Friday, randomness is what I have to offer. Millions of little things that happened through the week all conglomerate together and mush together into a post here.

But without further ado, let me present today's "I HELPED KRISTEN COOK" winner. It is:


SNICKERS
from
She submitted a recipe to me when I first requested them a couple of weeks ago. She put it in my comments, so I am copying and pasting her recipe directly from her comment to me.


LAZY MAN'S PARMESIAN CHICKEN


"You take some boneless shinless chicken breasts and cook them in the oven with shake-n-bake. Follow the directions on the box of shake-n-bake and about 5 minutes before its done take it out, throw on some spaghettie sauce, some shredded mozzarella cheese and some parmesan cheese, put it back in the oven until cheese is melted and bam, you have supper."


And it was mmm mmm good! So, thanks Snickers!

Some comments from the family on the masterpiece:


Care Bear: "Mommy, this is delicious. Excellent!" (This coming from the pickiest eater on the planet! I kid you not!)

Yoda: "I've never seen you make chicken like this. What is it?"
Me: "Well, it's called Parmesian Chicken. It's Italian. You'll love it."
(Yoda has Italian roots and is very proud of them. If you tell him something is Italian, he'll eat it. And he did. And he loved it!)


Hubby: "This is great. You'll have to make this again sometime!"


Fiesty: (Well, she couldn't talk because her mouth was overstuffed with food.)


So, there you have it. Another success story in my quest to fix my family delicious, nutritious and inexpensive food!


In other news, in my last Friday Randomness post, I talked about my husband having a new job at DirecTV. Well, about a week ago, he got a call for an interview for a job that he really wanted and he got it. He starts Monday and we are all very excited. This job is much more "up his alley" and doing the type of work he is used to. The pay is decent, the hours great, and I am very excited for him. So, yeah hubby!

This morning on my favorite radio station, they had Ace Young from American Idol in the studio to do an interview and a performance of his own music. He's back in town for awhile and it was fun to hear the interview. He sounds like a real nice guy and has some plans in the works for an album soon.

Speaking of Idol, at this point I am sad to see any of them go. I think this is the best season ever so far and I kinda wish they could all just win. I think at this point, I will be happy with whoever wins.

It's rainy and cold today. I think it might snow again. Cool. I'm never going to be able to clean my kids' closet out of their winter clothes. I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed on the 4th of July.

I start my class a week from Monday. I also got registered for my fall class. It appears as though it may really happen this time. Yikes. I'm gonna be a college student again.

I think that may be all I have for now. Stay tuned, though. Maybe more randomness will leak its way out as the day goes on. It is, after all, not even 9 a.m yet. Give me some time! :-)

13 comments:

kpjara said...

That chicken DOES sound yummy! and SNOW in May! It reminds me of Colorado, where we did in fact get snow on 07/04 I think it was late 70's, maybe 81? It melted by mid-morning, but it was a site!

I'm staying in the nice, warm southwest for the remainder of my days...well if I get my way, that is.

Congrats to your hubby!

Kristen said...

Colorado, that's where I am. Yep. Gotta love it.

someone else said...

The best evidence that a new recipe is a winner is when the Hubby says you'll have to make it again. I've tried lots of new ones over the years and there have been those that we BOTH said, "naaaahh, don't keep that one."

Congrats to Hubby on the new job. God is still in control!

Unknown said...

Hooray for a job that makes him feel happy! That goes such a looong way, doesn't it?

Where do I send my recipe suggestions? Do I just leave them in the comments?

Mall Worker said...

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it!!

I'm happy your Hubby got a new job!

Kristen said...

Karen,
You can either put them in the comments or send them to my yahoo email address. :-)

Rachelle said...

I'm going to have to make that chicken. My dh would love it. And hooray for a new job for dh!

GiBee said...

Mmmmm! Sounds delish!!!

Gabriela said...

I am going to try that chicken. Sounds good and easy.

congrats to your husband.

I like this season of Idol the best too.

Once we visited my parents in June and my then 2yo daughter asked if it was going to snow, and I said, nope, sorry, not in June. Well, it did. And she was frantic, "IT IS NOT SNOWING". "YOU TOLD ME IT WOULD NOT SNOW". You just never know in Colorado. Can't wait to come for the summer.

Nicki said...

That chicken does sound good. I'll have to try it. I look forward to seeing some of the recipes you get. I'm desperate for ideas.

I do have a chicken pot pie recipe that is fairly easy to make. I'll have to type out the recipe and send it to you.

emlouisa said...

Totally cool about the recipes. Hmm.. I'll have to think of my best ones and send them your way!

Unknown said...

I am going to have to try that chicken dinner! Yay for the new job!
Here's a recipe to try...
Chicken Salad Croissants
2 cups cooked chicken (cubed)
1 cup swiss cheese (cubed)
1/2 cup Dill pickle relish
2/3 cup mayo
1 tbs fresh parsley (minced)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Lettuce leaves
6 croissants (I use sandwich rolls because I can never find croissants)
In a bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, and relish; Combine mayo, parsley, lemon juice; seasoned salt, and pepper; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Make sandwiches.
This is a perfect dinner for when it is hot outside and you don't want to heat up your kitchen, and it's yummy :-) The chicken tastes good too if you marinate it in terriyaki sauce and barbeque it, let it cool, and then cut it up.

Jane said...

And here it is 95-100 already in Arizona. I think snow sounds really nice right now! LOL

Maybe we should do a house swap, you can come warm up, and we can cool off.