May 6, 2006

Mother's Day Stuff

My husband called me at work yesterday and told me that Care Bear had written me a mother's day story. Of course immediately, a soft hand clutched my heart and beads of water collected in my tear ducts. She had taken her notebook of paper and squiggled lines through about half the notebook and recited the story to my husband. Naturally, I could not wait to get home and hear the first story my daughter ever "wrote" for me.

Upon reaching home, the first thing I did was ask Care Bear to please read me her story. She proudly got out her notebook and began to weave her beautiful tale:

Care Bear: "Mommy and I were going through the woods picking blueberries. There was a big scary monster with sharp teeth and the monster was going to eat us. My mommy killed the monster. THE END!"

Ummm, beautiful story Care Bear. Just what I envisioned. Hubby's reaction? "That's not the story I heard earlier."

I guess it's the thought that counts. So, thanks Care Bear for my first Mother's Day story. I will treasure it always.

5 comments:

Mall Worker said...

That is such a sweet gesture!

kpjara said...

Children amaze me! What a wonderful 'gift'.

Gabriela said...

I think it's a great story. She must know that you will take care of her and keep her safe!

Kids are so funny.

Rachelle said...

LOL! What a cute story!

Gina said...

I had a feeling that might happen... oh how I wish I didn't have to work so I don't miss precious moments like that... my hubby called me at work the first time Liam laughed... it was second best to being there, what a sound!