May 24, 2006

This Is The Night!

To quote lyrics from my favorite Idol of all time, Clay Aiken: "THIS IS THE NIGHT". Oh, yes. The night when the newest Americal Idol is crowned. (Don't worry readers: If you are not a fan of this most awesome of shows, you will only have to put up with one more post regarding it. That will be Friday when I discuss my thoughts on tonights results).

As pathetic as it may seem, I am sad that it is almost over. Every year I look forward to January when the journey begins, and every May I am sad when it is over. It's just something little that I can look forward to every week to get me out of the normal humdrum-ness of my life as a mom of three.

I must say, that next to the Clay/Ruben season, this has by far been my favorite. The talent has been great (in my humble opinion) and it has not lacked in excitement. I have weathered disappointment (Ace) after disappointment (Chris), after disappointment (Elliot) this season, but the excitement of the finale is still contagious.

Since all of my favorites are long gone, I am hoping that Taylor walks away with the title. Only one male has won the competition in the past five seasons, and where is he now?! Nowhere to be seen. I'm tired of the pop princesses and ready for a guy to win this thing. So, Taylor, please do not cause me yet another disappointment. I'm all aboard the "Soul Patrol"!

From 7-9 p.m. tonight, MST, my eyes will be glued to the set, and if the hubster knows what is good for him, he will keep those little ones out of my hair! LOL!

Last night, I walked down to my mom's house to use her phone. Hubby was gone, and he had taken the phone with him (we only use a cell phone instead of a land line). When we were there, Feisty decided to invite herself to dinner at their house. After getting sticky from head to toe with syrup (they had pancakes), my mom decided to give her a bath. My mom (being an Idol fan herself), asked Feisty who she wanted to win the competition: Katherine or Taylor. Feisty promptly responded "Kaferine". Thinking that this may have just been a fluke, my mom and I both asked her several more times who her choice to win the competition was, and each and every time she answered the same. So Feisty, the competition is on. Who will win? Your choice of "Kaferine", or your mama's choice of Taylor. We shall soon find out.

In another thought, does anyone else think it's pretty sad that more people watch AI than watch the State of The Union? Or that more people vote on AI than vote for our President? I guess it speaks to the desire of Americans to make sure they have their next favorite pop star instead of their next favorite leader of the free world. Hmmmm.

And now onto something else. About a week or so ago, I was tagged by both Queen Beth and Maine Mom for a meme that I believe J.D. created. I haven't done it yet, so I am going to do it today! Here goes!

2 Things you compliment your husband on while in his presence.
1) How nice the yard works when he has been working on it.
2) How nice he smells

2 compliments you make about your spouse to your friends
1) He's a very loving father.
2) He's an amazing musician.

2 traits you married him for.
1) His passion for things he loves.
2) The fact that he was/is a great father to his son (my step son).

2 Days you cherished the most with your husband being together.
1) Our wedding day.
2) Our first camping trip together.

2 Material things you could give your husband if you just inherited a fortune
1) His very own music studio.
2) His dream car.

2 things you would miss the most if he left for 2 weeks.
1) Adult companionship.
2) His help with the kids.

2 thoughts that crossed your mind when you first met/saw your spouse.
1) Great smile.
2) He has a kid?!

2 favorite dates
1) Driving in the mountains together.
2) Watching movies at home together.

2 funny odd things you love
1) He's higher maintenance that I am.
2) He likes to help me cook.

2 places you have lived with your spouse
1) Colorado
2) Colorado

2 favorite vacations
1) Camping in the mountains.
2) Estes Park for anniversaries. (Yeah, we haven't travelled much!)

And I think that is it for today! I'll see y'all on Friday.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feisty had THREE Swedish pancakes - daughter-in-law's request for dinner. I know it's more breakfasty, but we love breakfast at night. No time in the morning!

Papa said...

I'm not so much a fan of the American Idol, but Colorado? Grammy and I loved living there for 5 years. Estes Park is fabulous.

Gina said...

I hope Taylor wins too. I haven't been following, but I think guy needs the title this time too.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand you American Idol fixation. I feel exactly the same way about the season finale of Lost tonight. I darn near salivate when I think of it.

GiBee said...

Taylor. Taylor. Taylor. Taylor.

There. I feel better now!

Amanda said...

THere are severals shows that I really try to tune into. Survivor, Apprentice and my most recent fav. America's Next Top Model. I completely understand the excitement. It's just fun to have something to look forward to after an ordinary day.

Rachelle said...

I'm wanting Taylor to win too. I was a huge Chris fan, but now that he is gone, I prefer Taylor over Kat. Can't wait to see it tonight!

Unknown said...

You and my mom. I bet she's counting the hours today. Both contestants are amazing. It'll be fun to see who wins.

someone else said...

I think I want Katherine to win. Taylor is a great entertainer and showman, but I think in the long run Katherine's voice will sound better on recordings. They've both been amazing and it's hard to consider either one of them a loser after making it to the final two!

Did you vote? I did!

Momma G said...

Love the meme...not an idol fan, sorry...

Kristen said...

that's alright evarob....not everyone is. to each his/her own. :-) It's not a requirement to comment here. :-)

I tried to vote, Becky, however couldn't get through...for Taylor. :-)

Grammy said...

I was going to post a comment, but almost my exact words have already been written here. And by Papa. How long have we been married?

Love camping in Estes Park and doing the little shops on main street.

Momma G said...

Okay, not a fan but had to watch the end..

Gabriela said...

Looks like you got your AI wish!

I love Colorado! I'll be there in a month!

Ashley said...

i'm so excited! i'm on your list on the side of your page :) you just made my day!!!!

Unknown said...

That's cute that you have a fun competition going on with Feisty.

I enjoyed reading the meme, thanks for playing along.

I'm glad you talked with Barbie and everything seems to be back to normal.

Lei said...

So, you must be happy - your guy won!

Jane said...

Okay--I know you will appreciate my frustrations here! I love AI too. And more importantly I love Taylor, I have loved him since his first audition. We Tivo every single show, and my dh and I love to watch them together.
Last night we sat down to watch the big FINALE, the moment at last had arrived...I had been waiting for this all day long. We click on the TV, and the horror....TIVO did not record it. It had 30 minutes left, so we flip it on, but I was close to tears I was so bummed I had missed it all.
I was so looking forward to the next 2 hours of AI Bliss.

Even the excitment of Taylor winning was tainted, as I couldn't get over my sadness of missing all the hype.

Sigh....

Oh well, I hope to experience it up close and personal in a couple of years when my son gets off his mission. He needs to try out, he is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I can relate, Jane! I taped it because we had choir practice. I asked Kristen to tape it, too, because sometimes my VCR messes up. I had her kids at church, so took them back to her just as the show was ending - I thought! I came back home, stopped the VCR (because I didn't want to accidentally hear who was singing the final song, as I did the night Kelly was eliminated), rewound it, then discovered IT WASN'T OVER!! I couldn't believe it! I was also taping it for my daughter-in-law who had school that night. Fortunately, son-in-law had taped it, as I asked, so got to see the end - but not before I had checked MSN because I was so mad at myself I couldn't sleep. I was pretty sure Taylor would win. Even though I'm not a fan of his type of voice, I thought he was great and fun. Did you hear the after interview with Katherine where they asked her about a rumor that she was going to be asked to sing at Tom Cruise's wedding (that was intentional - leaving his bride out, because that seems to be the way he operates - totally in control).

Well, the other thing that I want to comment about - it really irritates me when they brag that they have more votes than any presidential election. For one thing, 12 year olds can't vote for president, but can for AI - over and over and over again. And voters for AI don't have to make a commitment to register! Hopefully, we only vote once for president - although I still want a recount in the JFK/Nixon election!

Anonymous said...

Oops - I meant to offer Jane the tape that has the rest of it on, if you'd like it. Also, did anyone tape Lost's finale? I taped it for DIL on a different recorder, but it didn't turn out well. She's really bummed!

mamashine said...

I was going to say the same thing about the voting. I do vote for president. I didn't vote for AI. But a vast number of 13 year olds did, again and again. :)

It's an apples and oranges comparison.

And my two year old wanted Kaf-a-win also. What's up with the little girls and Katharine?