May 9, 2006

No More Diapers?!

Could this possibly be true?! I don't know. I hate to get excited about things like that because I always get excited prematurely, and then get disappointed when things don't stay that way. Case in point: this post. I don't wanna talk about it.

I can't help it though. I am prematurely excited, and maybe this will turn out better than the sleeping thing. Yesterday morning, my girls decided to sleep in super late. We're talking 9:30. I'm talking, "YEAH!" I didn't have to take Yoda to school yesterday morning, and we didn't have anywhere in particular to go, so there was no big hurry. Imagine my massive disappointment when I realized that Fiesty was out of diapers. Crap. That means I have to get them in the bath, clean up their grimy selves, and get them out after all to buy Fiesty diapers. And hope that on the way to the store, there is no accident.

Then a lightbulb went off in my head. "Wait a minute. Fiesty will be 2 in three days. Fiesty likes to do everything her sister does. Fiesty has gone potty on a few occasions, she just needs the incentive to do it regularly. Fiesty has no diapers, and Fiesty has a mom who is in no.mood to go anywhere at this point in time. Fiesty is gonna get potty trained today! After all, wet jeans and underwear never hurt anyone."

So, I went and told Fiesty the news. "Guess what baby! You get to wear underwear today!!" She took the news very well. Problem, though. When you have a child as little (petite) as mine, underwear can be a hard thing to find. I found a few pairs that Grandma P sent to Care Bear when she was underwear wearing age that never really fit her, and tried them on Fiesty. They sagged in the bum a little, but for this purpose, they would work. We'll concentrate on finding more snug fitting for the tiny bum under-panties later.

After the saggy bum underwear was on, and the jeans that were a little too large now that they don't have 10 lbs of diaper under them were on, we started the training. I obsessively reminded Fiesty about every 10 minutes, "Now Fiesty, remember to tell Mommy if you have to go poopy or pee, OK?" The first few times I told her, she was sweet and patient, but after about round 10 she wasn't taking it anymore and very adamantly and forcefully told me, "O....K!!!" I left her alone after that. But sure enough, about 10 minutes later I hear a little voice yelling, "Mommy! Potty" and look up to see her grabbing her saggy bum area and crouching down. With speed I didn't know I posessed, I picked her up and we hit the stairs two at a time in an effort to reach the potty on time. And we did. And she went. And there was clapping, and singing, and kissing, and overuse of toilet paper, and it was great fun. So much fun was it for her, that every 10 minutes or so afterwards, she decided it was time to go again. And again. And again. She remained in her underwear all day, until bed time, when she christened her first pair of training pants. Hey, I'm not THAT optimistic. On deck for this weekend: Tiny bum under-panties shopping.

Oh, and lest I forget:

THIS IS YOUR OFFICIAL CALL FOR RECIPES. YOU KNOW THE DRILL! :-)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word that is so awesome. I love the way you write and tell stories.

Tiny bum panties? Ask your mom to take them in on the sides a little with her sewing machine.

I especially loved the part about 10lbs of diaper under her clothes. So true!!

Anonymous said...

Good for Fiesty and good for you! Rock on with your bad selves.

Anonymous said...

XXFINGERSCROSSEDXX
*whispering loudly*
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
*sneaking away before Fiesty notices me*

Unknown said...

Wow, that was awesome! That is perhaps the best story I have heard about potty training. Man, I don't look forward to those days, although it would be great to be done with diapers. Hope it continues to go well. Thanks for stopping by today!

Sherry said...

that is too exciting!

kpjara said...

Yeah for Feisty...now get the girl some tiny bum panties!

Mall Worker said...

Way to go Fiesty! Keep it up!

Lei said...

Yay, yay, yay! If only I had it that easy, lol!

Momma G said...

I've got a 2 and a half year old with ZERO interest in the potty...help!!!!

Gina said...

Fabulous story, you are good at explaining the details in a fun way! Way to go, Mom, you've got another tiny bum trained!!!

someone else said...

What a great story and way..to..go!! I loved this post. I love the tiny bum panties. I can just imagine her little swishy walk without the diaper bulk!

Anonymous said...

I loved it when Care Bear wanted to go back to the library and get Potty Power to watch. This was after she had mastered the art of the potty and could enjoy it and not feel like she was being pushed into something she didn't want to do. What was even cooler was when she decided to change her name to Prudence, because that was the little girl the potty story was about. So cute!

Rachelle said...

You have such a great writing style! This post just made me laugh. I hope she keeps up and gets fully trained!

S'mee said...

1st time here thanks to LDS chicks.

I enjoyed your post. It brought back (painful for s'mee) memories, but I am WAY happy for you!!!

Keep up the good work little Fiesty!

Diane Viere said...

You had me mesmerized! I so-o-o remember the days of mommy-training! Yes, mommy training..because we're the ones that have to recognize the clues, run to the screams, and generally speaking--no just when and how quick we can get them to the potty.

:) Good luck! You've got a great attitude (and a wicked sense of humor)....it will work out!

Diane

Unknown said...

I hope Fiesty continues to use the potty for you! I'm all for no diapers!
BTW-I tagged you...come look and see.