May 26, 2006

A Note of Apology....

to my mom.

Dear Mom,

I did not intend to make you sound like the bad guy in my post today. For that I apologize. I know you support me in my efforts to get my degree. You always support me. It was an off-handed comment when I mentioned all the work I have to do and I made it sound like you don't support me. I wanted to make sure my readers understand that. I am sorry. I also wanted to post something I wrote for you for mother's day but didn't make it to my blog. So for you, Happy Late Mother's Day:

REASONS I LOVE YOU, MOM:

Of course, it's hard to come up with one single memory, but things I love about my mom:

1.) She almost always had fresh, home made chocolate chip cookiesfor us.

2.) In the summer, she took us to the pool all the time and we loved it. Even though she took us often, it was always a great treat and surprise to get to go.

3.) She played the piano one time for my elementary school performance even though I don't think she really wanted to. I sort of volunteered her for it without her consent. I just thought my mom was a super pianist and naturally would want to do it!

4.) My mom used to take walks in the early mornings during summer.When I woke up and saw her gone, I would panic (take note that thiswas not when I was young and unable to be alone...I was just always paranoid when my mom or dad were gone and I didn't know where they were). She started leaving a note outside her bedroom door where Icould see that she was on a walk, and what time she would be home. If she was not home by that time, I was out on my bike searching.

5.) She always had some yummy treat for us to eat for breakfast on Sunday mornings. Don't ask me how she managed to get us kids and herself ready and still manage to make us something yummy for breakfast.

6.) She would pick up donuts for us on Saturday morning when she went to the store so we could have a treat while we watched cartoons.

7.) She used to sew me beautiful clothes...and sometimes even matching clothes for my dolls!

There is much, much more, but most importantly, you love your kids (and now your daughter and son-in-law) unconditionally and you are passing on your motherly wisdom and love on to me and your grandkids!

Love you, Mom!

5 comments:

emlouisa said...

What a sweet post! And what a fabulous mom! And who do I talk to to get an order of homemade chocolate chip cookies?

kpjara said...

THat is so incredible sweet...and what a good idea to post a letter to a mom or loved one.

GiBee said...

I didn't see your last post as though you were portraying your mom as being unsupportive. In fact, I think your mom REALLY supports you because you have to go and use her computer. And while you're there, guess who's watching the kids? Probably your mom!

So, feel better that your post was not taken as a "bashing-mom" post at all!

But this post was very thoughtful, and I'm sure she appreciates knowing why you love her! ;-)

Unknown said...

It sounds like you have a very sweet mother.

Diane Viere said...

You are blessed! And you bless your mom!

Even though I have only known you for a few short cyber-months--I have never even had a moments thought that you did not appreciate your mom...or that she didn't support you! I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know both of you from a distance!

Diane