Feb 1, 2007

A Bloggy Girls Mountain Getaway Update

Awhile back, I posted an invitation to join my Mom and I for a get-together here in Colorado. You can view the original invitation here. I have received some emails from people who are interested in this, so since that is the case, I decided to go ahead and get a little more information from those interested and give others who may not have seen the original invitation a chance and opportunity to get in on our get-together.
Given the ever changing weather in Colorado and the inability to predict what could happen here in the spring, we thought it best to hold our rendevouz in the early part of the summer; around June. So, to give you all enough time to decide whether or not you would like to join us, and to give myself enough time to make all the arrangements, I've set a deadline of April 1 to notify me if you plan to come. That gives you two months, and me two months. Fair? :-)
Now, here is what I need from you. If you are interested e-mail me at coffeemama249 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Or, to make it easier, click on the little link on my sidebar that says "Email Kristen".
  • Tell me a time frame within June that works for you.
  • Whether you would prefer a true, honest "mountain get-away" (i.e. a little Mountain/touristy type town near where we live) or if you would prefer a more metropolitan meeting, say in Denver.
  • What types of activities you would like to have (i.e. Do we want a lot of planned things happening, or more of a "go with the flow" type atmosphere).
  • An amount of time (2 days, 3 days, 2 hours) that you think is appropriate for this type of meeting.
  • If you would be flying or driving (in case we need to make arrangements to have you picked up at the airport).

Like I said, you have two months to decide if you'd like to do this and let me know. I'd love to have as many as think they can make it try to come because there are so many of you out there that I'd love to meet (and of course, there are those of you out there whom I already know who I would also love to come *hint hint--you know who you are**). I have missed out on several blog girls get togethers, so I'd really love to have this one work out.

I'll post this from time to time, or link to it every now and then. As well, if you are interested and want to spread the word (thanks Diane for already doing so!) , feel free to link to this post. Let's paint Colorado RED!!

6 comments:

Carole Burant said...

I just wish I lived nearer!!! Hope you can get a big group together...oh what fun you guys will have:-) Hugs xox

Unknown said...

I wish I lived closer too! A trip to Colorado just is not in my budget...along with most everything else!! I hope you get a big group together too.

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

We get away to Colorado several times each year. Our dearest friends in the whole wide world live in Colorado Springs. The kids and I will be driving up in the next few weeks, in fact. I've mastered the "leave at supper time, arrive by breakfast" routine.

June in CO is lovely! I'd definitely try to make it.

We'll be in Denver (Westminster) in July so that Pixie can attend harp camp for a week, so that time frame would work as well.

Diane Viere said...

Count me in!

Sending an email right this very minute!

Diane

someone else said...

I can't commit at this point. I like the idea, but I just keep needing to be an anonymous blogger.

Anonymous said...

Count me in! I can't wait.