Feb 19, 2007

Celebrity News by Kristen--Issue 6

This past week at my young mom's Bible Study, somehow the subject of celebrities and celebrity gossip came up. By the end of the conversation (in which I pretty much kept my mouth shut) I began to feel a little wierd.....should I be doing "Celebrity News by Kristen"? Does it make me a bad person, or do other young (or older) Christian mom's who read this think less of me because I do this? I shouldn't worry about what other people think of me; it is my blog. If you don't like Celeb News, you just won't read it. As I said in the first edition and as I say in my disclaimer, it's just for fun. No harm meant. However, I certainly don't want to be doing something that is going to turn people off from my blog. Let me know. But for now, onto this weeks edition of:

Volume 1: Issue 6
Doing My Part to Keep Bloggy World Informed


**Disclaimer: I have nothing personally against any celebrities mentioned in "Celebrity News by Kristen". It is only for fun and only opinions. Please do not sue me.

Britney Spears
You know you saw it coming. You knew that the first picture you would see this week on CNbyK is what you see to your left. I have to just take a second here to gain some composure before I begin......

Alright. I think I'm OK now. WHAT THE??????? I don't even know what to say. Now that is a lie. Britney.....are you trying to channel Sinead O'Connor? Or Demi Moore in G.I. Jane? Or Natalie Portman in "V for Vendetta"? Because it is not working! See, Demi and Natalie did it for roles they were in. Sinead.....well.....she's Sinead. She burned a picture of the pope on stage during a performance on Saturday Night Live. She's certainly not one I would want to emulate.

Hey Britney.....remember this kid??:


Or this kid??









I know.....hey, we all know....that you are not a "traditional" type mom. How many of us out there are millionaires by age 17, divorced twice by age 25 and have several multi-platinum albums under our belt? Not too many of us. So, in that sense, you are not a traditional type mom. But here's the thing, Brit. Once you decide to have kids (no matter how much money you have or how many nannies you hire or how many husbands you have) you have a certain.....no, not a certain.....you have an undeniable and unquestionable responsibility to those children.

You know, I have never cared for K-Fed. Not that I really ever knew much about the guy (except for the fact that it's no secret he's an aspiring musician and just happened to become a back up dancer for the most famous female pop star of our time and then marry her *ahem...gold digger*) ,but you could have definitely done better. You should have just stayed married to your home town buddy that you eloped with in Vegas and then annulled 48 hours later. At least he may have married you for something other than your millions!


I actually felt encouraged for you after you announced your break-up with Feder-tard (not that I ever condone divorce, but given the circumstances.....). You seemed to (albeit very briefly) clean up your act. You had a sassy little blonde bob, you looked in shape, your make up looked like someone other than Krusty the Klown applied it, and you almost resembled the old Britney we all knew and, um...tolerated. But it was a mere week or two before you started hanging with the two most infamous tinsle town party girls: Paris and Lindsay (who may I remind you have uncensored home made p*orn out on the market and have just recently ended a stint in rehab).


Britney, we all have our times in life when we may be less responsible than we should, or "sow our wild oats", so to say. But that time is not when you are in the process of a divorce and have two little ones under the age of two. Do you not think that someday when those boys are older that those pictures may just resurface? Wouldn't you like them to be proud of their mom, not embarassed?? I know these are not things you are thinking of in the midst of whatever it is you are going through, but I would really start thinking about these things!!


Your family was concerned enough about you to stage an intervention and coerce you into re-hab which you promptly left less than 24 hours later. The hair? More the symptom than the disease. Just another strange way to try to "find yourself" or create a new image or whatever. But if that was what you were trying to do, then why go out like this only a day or two after shaving it??
As a fellow mother, I really hope you're able to get your head on straight for those kids' sake. They need their mom. A real mom. Not a nanny or whoever takes care of them while you're out bar hopping. One almost has to wonder, since your timing of this is so ideal, if you want to lose custody of your boys. Because you're well on your way, if you ask me.

And since I spent so much time on you this week Brit-Brit, I have no time or room for anything else. You are here-by banned from CNbK for the next two weeks.....(unless you, like, tattoo your face or something).

Tune in next week for Celebrity News by Kristen. Until then, keep your eyes and ears open.

The poll is on the sidebar.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Pathetic is the only word for her. And she doesn't deserve to be on the "regular" news about this last bit of stupidity.

Carole Burant said...

What I can't understand is how she went from being a seemingly caring mom to her two boys to this...this...I can't even find a word to describe her anymore. K-Fed is just having a ball gathering up all this info and bringing it to the courts for full custody...he'll win hands down. She's finished as a "celebrity" in my opinion.

Lala's world said...

maybe she had lice?
just a thought
hahahee
oh and way to preach it to her sista! woot woot

Sista Cala said...

Maybe she had one too many 'bad hair days' and it happened on a day when she had run out of her cymbalta or prozac. All we non-celebs can do is pray for her.

By the way, I think it is okay to do celeb news, however, I generally skip over those posts. As long as they are not your focal point or purpose, I think your readership will remain stable. But what do I know, I'm the new kid on the blogging block.

Jen said...

First of all, I like your celebrity news. You have a funny way of presenting it, so I vote for it to stay.

I totally agree with everything you said. She is such a mess and really needs to get her act together for the sake of her babies. I doubt K-Fed would be a better choice for them either. It is just really sad.

Trisha said...

Funny, I was just rambling on to my husband about this same thing last night. I feel so bad for those two little ones. For the sake of the kids, I hope she gets her act together ASAP. I like the Celebrity gossip, it keeps me in touch with what is going on in the US.

Diane Viere said...

Kristen,

You are a HOOT!

It's your blog Kristen.....and you keep writing--and we'll keep reading! You have a talent, my dear! You've lightened up my life on more than one occassion--Celebrity News is just the most recent brightness in my week!

Although--I must say--while I appreciate the humor-there is a certain sadness when someone deconstructs, whether privately or publicly. I can only hope that the millions of young girls who idolize Britney--see the harm in a life out of control. There is so much more to life than fame and fortune: Britney and Anna Nicole are beaming examples of this platitude--just this week alone.

So--see, Kristen, we bloggers appreciate the light heartedness....but have the ability to see the deeper lessons learned. So keep 'em comin'!

Diane

Diane Viere said...

Kristen,

Entertainment News ALERT:

Britney shaved her head to avoid having her hair tested for drug usage--she is currently in a LA Rehab.

Well....that's what they just said on your rival, Entertainment Tonight. I'm in the kitchen cleaning up breakfast so I can get dinner ready (!!!) and Channel 11 was on. There goes my goal of not listening to anything Entertainment today! But thought you would want to know--or perhaps the celebrity journalist that you are.....already knew!

:) Diane