Feb 23, 2007

Jesus Loves The Little Children

I've recently become a member of a wonderful new community of Moms called Moms of Grace. I found this group while visiting one of my favorite websites: 5 Minutes For Mom. I went and checked it out and immediately signed up. In my short time being a member there (about two weeks), I have found within it an amazing group of moms who inspire me, make me laugh, are vigilant prayer warriors and some who have heartbreaking circumstances they are dealing with. There is a forum for almost anything you can conceivably imagine from homeschooling moms to single moms; tips on housekeeping; a recipe swap forum; one for step-moms and forums for every age group. There's even a daily online Bible Study to participate in if you choose to. If there's a forum that isn't listed, you can suggest one. In short, there's something for everyone there and I have really enjoyed being a part of this group. If you are a mom and haven't found this place yet, I highly suggest it. You won't be sorry.

There are many moms in the group who have children with illnesses that in some cases are life-threatening. There are mom's I have met all over the internet in my past year of blogging. There are mom's all over this world whom I don't know and never will know who are dealing with children with illnesses. The strength that these women must possess amazes me. They are watching their children with these illnesses and have to remain strong for the sake of their children, but inside are suffering themselves over watching their children deal with this.

Every year, one of the radio stations I like to listen to hosts a radio tele-thon called "36 hours for kids" in which they plead with listeners to pledge money to go to the Children's Hospital here. For two years, I was a "miracle maker" which is what they call someone who pledges $15 a month. Listening to this tele-thon and the stories of these children was in most cases heart breaking, in many cases inspiring.

All of these stories of these children I have heard in the past few months or so invoke two different feelings in me:

1. Sadness (don't mistake my sadness for pity; I just feel sad for any mother who has to watch her child deal with an illness) and inspiration for these families who are dealing with sick children because as a mother with three healthy children, I can't imagine what it must be like to have to watch your child be sick. As mothers, there is no way to explain the amount of love and the type of love we have for our children. It's immeasurable and un-matchable.

2. Grateful to the Lord for blessing me with three healthy kids.

However, I do not take for granted that my children are healthy. As I learned from listening to the radio tele-thon, you can have a healthy child one day and the next something happens and they are not.

Regardless of what our children's circumstances are, there is one thing that is certain and that is that God loves all of them and has his hand of protection over them every second of every minute of every day. And it is our responsibility as their earthly parents to do all we can to take care of them the best way we can.

When you are praying for your children or grand-children today, would you mind adding a couple others to your list that you don't know personally, but are dealing with illnesses today? And pray for their mothers as well. Micah and Emma Grace. Two special kids whom their mothers (and other family members of course) love unconditionally and I am sure would certainly appreciate our prayers.

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow black and white
They are precious in his sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world!

8 comments:

Carole Burant said...

It's always fun to find groups which include women with whom you have so much in common with:-) Some of their stories are indeed very sad but yet their faith holds them together and it's a wonderful thing to see. xox

Linda said...

It sounds like a terrific group to be a part of Kristen. I know how you feel. It is sometimes overwhelming when we see the needs all around us. I have been praying for Micah and I will add Emma Grace. Thanks for reminding me. I often read Psalm 139 when I think of my own children and grandchildren. We have a wonderful Father.

Anonymous said...

Faith is a wondeful thing, isn't it? I believe that if we believe in the good, the good will happen. So that's what I'm thinking about Emma Grace and Micah.

Mall Worker said...

Sounds like a wonderful group to be a part of!

someone else said...

This was such a beautiful post and so heartfelt. It's hard to understand why innocent children must suffer, but I'm glad there are people who can pray for them even though they don't know them.

Your two little "chick" pictures in the sidebar are pretty cute.

Delete said...

Hi Kristen-I'm here from MOG :)

I'm tagging you for a meme. Can you please tell us 5 reasons why you blog? My post is at http://lifeisnotacereal.blogspot.com/2007/02/side-of-box-why-i-blog.html

Blessings-
Jennifer

Sherry said...

I go in and check up on Micah from time to time, and it just breaks my heart each time. Prayers are sent their way quite often.

Lei said...

I love the "avatars" of care bear and feisty!

and thank you for sharing this little message... :)