Feb 9, 2007

The One Where Care Bear is the new Ramona Quimby

Remember Ramona Quimby? Beezus? Henry Huggins? All characters in a classic series of children's books by Beverly Cleary. They were my favorite books as a child. Little did I know, I was raising my own Ramona Quimby....in the form of Care Bear. I didn't realize this until the other day when Care Bear and I were discussing her going to Kindergarten next year. I began telling her about a book I used to love called "Ramona the Pest" about a little girl who was starting Kindergarten. Care Bear decided we must read this book and maybe Ramona could teach her a thing or two about going to Kindergarten. Well....it's been awhile since I read the book, but I do recall Ramona causing a problem or two in school (hence the name, I am sure), so I think I may hold off on reading that particular book for awhile....I certainly don't need her getting any ideas in that head of hers. She's very impressionable. ;-) I do believe, however, that she could very possibly be Ramona Quimby's long lost twin....or Ramona re-incarnated. Let's view the evidence:



EXHIBIT A:




EXHIBIT B:




EXHIBIT C:
Now, obviously, these are just some physical attributes that appear to make Ramona and Care Bear kinfolk. But the personality.....just go read the book, then come visit me at my house and spend the day with Care Bear and I. All I can say is......

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Love love love it!!

mamashine said...

That is awesome!!

I have to say, I bought Beezus and Ramona not too long ago with the intent of using it as a read-aloud when Gillian gets a bit older. Then I re-read it and decided there was no way I was putting all those naughty ideas in her head! I read it when I was Beezus's age, and that makes all the difference.

Pam said...

I loved those books as a kid!!!!

Care Bear shall hereby be known as Ramona!

Susie said...

My daughter dearly loved these books! I think she read every one in the series.
This was a really cute post, and I know Care Bear will love kindergarten. (most Mommy's shed a tear or two that first day)
:)

someone else said...

Definitely a resemblance there.

Barb said...

Thank you for following that last post with this one, Kristen. Because that last one put a big old lump in my throat.

The resemblance is uncanny! LOL

Cute, cute photo setup. I loved this.

Carole Burant said...

Uh oh....yup, I agree, I think it is Ramona reincarnated!!! lol Too cute!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I remember Ramona! :-)

And I also remember when my baby went off to kindergarten, completely oblivious and unconcerned that Mama was in the midst of a nervous breakdown. She was stoked for a new adventure and I was mourning the loss of my little girl's dependence on Mama.

She'll still want her Mommy, you know. You'll have to share time with other things, but in times of crisis, you'll still be the one she wants. :-)

TJ said...

Now, here I was thinking you had quit blogging for a while...turns out you were on a Nyquil buzz...lmbo!!!
Yes, that Care Bear is a cute and a ringer for that Ramona...
:-D

Trisha said...

Beverly Cleary is one of my favs and I can't wait to share her with my kids when they get older. And my vote is you have a a little Ramona on your hands. So precious!!

Dawn said...

I think Beverly Cleary would love to read this post! I wonder if she has a web site where we could find her e-mail address.