Feb 2, 2007

The One With The Apology To The Grocery Store Workers

Dear Grocery Store Workers,

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the behavior that was exhibited in your store the other day when visiting your fine establishment.

Sorry for the crazy running up and down of aisles unaware of anyone else within a 2 miles radius. A few people got knocked over, and if I knew who they were, I would apologize to them as well.

Sorry for the raiding of your bulk candy bins treating them as though they were a free for all and sorry for the various wrappers that landed on the floor instead of the trash.

Sorry for the near assault on the volunteers who were handing out samples that day in your store. From the way things looked, you'd think meals were never eaten at home.

Sorry about the donuts that got placed back into their bin after the icing had already been licked off of them.

Sorry that your nice display of cereal arranged to look like the Empire State Building got knocked over because a box was taken from the bottom instead of the top.

Sorry for the behavior at the self check-out. I know it was probably a pain for you to have to exchange a dollar bill for 100 pennies in order to have multiple rides on the horsey.

The behavior in your store yesterday was far beyond what is considered appropriate and good. It will not happen again.

I guess I have spent too much time with my kids. I will work on my behavior in public establishments. Please forgive me.

Yours truly,
Kristen

13 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Believe it or not--I miss those days!

LHFTROTD!!!!!

(Laughing hysterically for the rest of the day)~~~~~

Way--funny! If it weren't so true that is!

Diane

Kristi said...

Kids should never get to have all the fun!

Dawn said...

You really are crazy!

Pamela said...

Someone call Nanny 911...Dawn! hehe! Hey, I wanted to stop by and wish that handsome young man of your's Anakin a very Happy 9th Birthday! :)
How exciting! I hope you all have oodles of fun at Chuck E Cheese! We used to have so much fun taking like 20 to 25 kids there for a party. Good memories! :)

someone else said...

Oh you poor dear! You need a vacation or a new playground. You had me laughing!!

Lala's world said...

that was hilarious! loved that post! don't you sometimes wish you could act like the kids do and just go crazy???!!! guess that question means I do!

Connie said...

LOL!

Carole Burant said...

Hey you can turn this into a movie!! lol I can imagine how many times this really happens in a mom's life! lol Hugs xox

someone else said...

I thought you were referring to YOU in the store. That was your kids?

haha

Kristen said...

No, I was referring to me, but when i realized that people might think I was really doing that, I just put that little thing in at the bottom that said it was just a joke. I was laying in bed last night thinking about a recent "episode" of the kids at the store, and in my half sleepness, imagined an adult (i.e. myself) acting like that in the store; thus was born the letter to the grocery store worker. ;-)

Nancy said...

Funny,funny, funny... I am still laughing. Thanks for that!

Tammy said...

This is SO funny...and you got me at the end! :D

Linda said...

Okay young lady. From now on you will just have to ride in the cart.
That was a riot Kristen.
Have a great weekend.