Feb 5, 2007

The One Where I Finally Move Into 2007

To say that I am a procrastinator is putting it mildly. In most cases, I put things off until the last possible minute....particularly if the task is not a very fun one. In this situation, I believe I procrastinated longer than I ever have. Today, at approximately 10:30 a.m., my Christmas decorations finally came down. In only 9.5 months, they'll be going up again. I was just about to say forget it and decorate it with hearts and pink and white garland. And then in a couple of months, hang Easter Eggs and stuffed bunnies on it. In July, red and white lights and tinsel. For Thanksgiving, turkeys and orange and brown crepe paper. Then by the time Christmas came around again, I wouldn't have to wrestle that box back out of the garage and take an hour and a half putting each individual branch on my fake (albeit beautiful and real looking) tree. Sure would save a lot of hassle. But I think anyone visiting my house between now and next December may just think I have lost it. So they went down today. With the *ahem* help of my daughters. My house looks so plain now. But a good kind of plain.

Next year, my New Years Resolution will be to take down my tree.....before the bathing suits come out.

8 comments:

Lala's world said...

I would leave mine up all year too if I thought I wouldn't get labelled as off my rocker!!!

Dawn said...

YAY Kristen!!

Now to get hubby to take the lights down from the house!

someone else said...

Why rush it?

Mall Worker said...

That made me smile. I remember when I lived with my parents sometimes it was V-day when we finally took the tree down!

Carole Burant said...

You need to have all your blogging buddies over right after Christmas to help you take everything down:-) Hugs xox

Linda said...

I don't know; I think you may be on to something with the seasonal decorating of Christmas trees. It could start a whole new industry.
I'm glad you "ate your words". I would miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe. That would have been interesting. You could have done a year-round holiday tour of your home. But this way, it will be special again in 9.5 months when you put it back up.

Susie said...

I actually have a blogging friend in Australia who leaves her Christmas decor up year round..(think of the time she saves)
:)
BTW, thank you so much for the song. I'm listening to it now!!