Feb 10, 2007

Who told you THAT was a good idea??

So, little miss Feisty. I just want to know who told you that these things are good ideas:
  • Putting a green marker in your new aquarium
  • Then while Mommy is cleaning up the green marker mess, putting a purple and yellow marker in your new aquarium
  • Taking a Sharpie to my coffee table
  • Taking a Sharpie to my walls
  • Taking a Sharpie to your face and hands
  • Smooshing play-dough into the carpet with your shoes
  • Putting your feet in my cereal bowl
  • Trying to get out of the bath tub by yourself
  • Stepping on a fully blown up balloon with your big girl shoes that have little heels
  • Hurtling your Buzz Lightyear space-ship across the living room--you hopefully realize now that in most cases, this will cause a lamp to get hit and crash to the floor.
  • Having your dollies take a "swim" in your tomato soup bowl
  • Using the cheese from your grilled cheese sandwich as a new retro type hair gel
  • Put your little, tiny Dory in your Daddy's speaker

Dear Feisty, You have had a busy day. And it's only 3:44. Please tell me who disillusioned you into thinking these are good ideas because he/she is permanently banned from your life. Unless of course it was your sister or brother....which is, in all likelihood, who taught you these fun tricks.

So....anyone got any good tips on how to get Sharpie marker off of furniture, walls, and human skin? heh...heh....(I really was paying attention to my kids today....I promise).

15 comments:

Sherry said...

ooo brutal. magic eraser??? I've also heard nail polish remover works well??? not sure though

Tammy said...

I'm clueless on the sharpie-removal thing...you poor thing!

And isn't Buzz Lightyear suppose to fly? Those pesky lamps just get in the way! ;)

Sounds like you need a soak in the tub with Calgon tonight! :)

Connie said...

I've used hairspray on sharpie with some success. :) It got the graffiti off my garage door, and now the door is not even stiff or sticky! :P

mamashine said...

All these things happened IN ONE DAY? I feel for you.
And I think it's going to be time that heals the Sharpie wounds... at least on her skin. I take care of a little girl who has it on her legs almost all the time! :)

Gina said...

What Sherry has said are my only suggestions. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Water worked ok the last time my girl gave herself lipstick with a red sharpie. Shame on us for leaving those around. Shame, shame, shame.

Feisty and Ava should get together someday. They'd probably burn down a building or two together.

Carole Burant said...

Well, you gotta admit, she does keep life interesting and on your toes! lol Oh dear, I realize the only reason I'm laughing is because it's not happening to ME! LOL I'm sooo glad my boys are grown up! hehe Hugs xox

Lammy said...

When my oldest (who is now 16) used a black sharpie all over my brand newly refinished desk and chair, a dear friend who I will never ever forget told me to try rubbing alcohol. Worked like a charm! Even on dried on, old sharpie marker.
Hope ithelps.

Dawn said...

Okay, Feisty, and who told you it was a good idea to stick an audio cassette tape into the video tape hole?? Grandpa and I discovered it tonight when we went to watch a video. You little rascal!!

Anonymous said...

Nail polish remover works on most surfaces, but may thin paint.

I have tried some stuff called oops it works on almost anything. It is very much like lighter fluid, which also works. But....BE SURE MISS FIESTY HAD NO ACCESS TO MATCHES OR LIGHTERS! :-)

C. H. Green said...

I was going to say Magic Eraser...worked good on regular ink on my dining room table. I made my son scrubbed til he nearly fell out. He doesn't write on the furniture anymore...try it.

Unknown said...

What a day! Good luck with the marker removal. Let us know what worked.
P.S. I'm glad you didn't stay away from your blog for long :-)

Mall Worker said...

I've heard good things about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and sharpie pens. I'd like to know where they get these ideas too!

Susie said...

Goodness what an adventurous child! Sounds like she's very curious about everything around her.
:)

Linda said...

Sounds like she was a busy little girl. I have no helpful hints. When my son was little he colored the wall with crayons (which in those days were not washable). It just stayed until we repainted the wall!!