Feb 12, 2007

To My Dear Brother....on his 30th!

Dear Kevin,

Well, here you are. The big 3-0! I can hardly believe we are both in our 30's. Adults.

This birthday is especially meaningful to your family; because you are here. Here to celebrate with us in body and spirit!

I know that you and I didn't always get along as well as we could have as children. We were the epitome of sibling rivalry. Two completely different people. But I am happy to say now that as adults, I am happy and proud to call you my brother.

We have both gone through a great deal in our early adulthood and we have both come out on top. No one can ever tell us that we aren't determined people unwilling to let the world get the best of us.

I look forward to the coming years growing older and sharing experiences and stories as adults; enjoying our families together.

You and Sema are a beautiful couple and you are such a wonderful aunt and uncle to Anakin, Care Bear and Feisty. They love you so much. You have always been amazing with children; that has never changed.

I am so proud of you Kevin; proud of all you have been through and accomplished. I know the Lord has amazing plans for you. I can't wait to watch them unfold.

I hope you enjoy your 30th birthday to its fullest. This is the first day of the rest of your life.

I love you and I am so proud of you!

Love Your Big Sister,
Kristen

11 comments:

Dawn said...

I am a bit teary eyed as I read this wonderful tribute to your brother.

Diane Viere said...

Such joy!

Diane

Rachelle said...

Great letter! You are an awesome sister!

kevinc said...

hey sis, i feel the same way about you and we surely have both been through alot. there was a great pioneer in the world of christian missions, and his name was William Carey, he said "I can plod... to this I owe everything" He said this because he was unaware of any particular talents he posessed. He meant that he can persevere in any pursuit. being mentally tough, he hung inthere and overcome many obstacles. i feel that God has given us that same ability. I don't feel i am particularly talented in anything, but one thing God has given me, is determination and the ability to hang in there. In Him I know all things are possible. Thanks again for the wonderful birthday gift, i will treasure these words forever. and truly i do feel that this is the beginning of my life.

Diane Viere said...

Kristen,

Found this this a.m. while doing a little web surfing:

American Idol Soul
Some people can't understand why we love American Idol! Here's your chance to share your story of how an American Idol moment touched your heart and transformed your life. The deadline for story submissions is April 15, 2007.

Knowing your love for AI: I think it's a call for you to submit something! What do you say!

www.chickensoup.com

Diane

Mall Worker said...

Very sweet letter :)

Carole Burant said...

That is so wonderful, Kristen, and truly written from the heart! You both went through quite some ordeals in your lives but you now both show how perserverance and faith can overcome anything. I'm proud of both of you!! Hugs xox

Unknown said...

What a sweet letter. I'm glad you and Kevin have many years ahead of you to share together with your families.

Pamela said...

Kristen, you and Kevin are so inspiring and offer so much encouragement to everyone out here that are struggling to fit in, to belong, or to yield to peer pressure through their teens.

Reading your stories of triumph in overcoming addictions or making poor decisions throughout those early years is so powerful. Through him you were both victorious!

What a beautifully written letter!

Barb said...

This is a very moving tribute to Kevin, Kristen. I'm sure he'll be a little teary eyed when he sees this. You have very good reason to be proud of him.

Happy Birthday, Kevin.

Lala's world said...

that was a great tribute! Happy Birthday to Kevin