Mar 29, 2006

Ah Spring...how you taunt me!!

Dear Spring,

You arrived on Saturday in all your amazing glory. I woke up to your brilliant sun shining through my blinds and felt the inner excitement I feel whenever you arrive. It is now Wednesday, and you are still here. My question for you is: "Are you teasing us, only to bring back your cousin winter again with its mountains of snow, or are you here to stay?"

Spring, you teased me a couple of weeks ago and you actually had the nerve to get me into spring cleaning mode only to break my heart and leave again. The calendar says it is "officially" spring. You can not break the rules of the calendar!!

The whole world (or at least the little world of my neighborhood)caught the fever when you arrived on Saturday. Hubby (despite the broken leg, which is slowly but surely healing) ventured outside to rake up the mounds of leaves that have been nesting for the past few months at the edge of our fence and killing our grass. Fiesty, ever the helper girl, insisted on helping, and oh what wonderful help she was!

helping rake leaves 1helping rake leaves 2

helping rake leaves 3Livi having a snack

After all of her hard work, Fiesty sat down with her favorite snack of M&Ms and a small swig of Mom's Diet Dr Pepper.

Then I, of course, insisted on a little cuddle time for my hard worker!
Snuggle time with Livi

Spring, you even managed to get a smile out of the hubster today:

Mike smiling


While they were working hard, the others were hardly working, yet enjoying you nonetheless:

playing with snakes 1

"Holy snakes in the trees, Batman!!"

anthony playing with spaceship

"Must you really take my picture?! Can't you see I'm busy saving the galaxy with my ultra cool Lego Star Wars spaceship?!?!"

And now we must rest.

taking a nap outside

Spring, I enjoyed you thoroughly today, and after taking multitudes of pictures of my family enjoying you, I decided to enjoy something for myself:

Romy & Michelle

Yes, I left you for awhile, spring, and went inside and watched one of the most mindless, fluffiest, but funniest movies ever.

It was a great day, my friend Spring, and I hope you are here to stay!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are enjoying Spring days here and we are loving it! I've been raking too, fun, fun! Great pictures!

Lei said...

I love the pic of them on your lawn... blankets, pillows and all! What fun, fabulous idea!

Rachelle said...

What great pics! I need to start my spring cleaning. YOu inspired me!