Mar 15, 2006

Four Years & Counting

Well, here it is. The day I married my husband. Four years ago. I woke up this morning, busy with getting ready for work, getting the kids ready for school and the day, fixing breakfast, fixing lunch, etc...I looked over at my husband who was standing at the refrigerator and had a wierd feeling that there was something special about today. But dang it if I can't remember what it is. Then I recalled my blog post from yesterday. Oh yeah....it's the anniversary. I quickly told the hubby "Happy Anniversary" so I didn't look like the bad guy for forgetting, but when he looked at my blank faced and said, "Oh yeah, you too", I didn't feel so bad. Now, don't feel sorry for us for the lack of excitement over the anniversary. It's been a real weird month and no wonder that we forgot. My grandma even gave me a card yesterday and I looked at her confused wondering why she was giving us a card. Wow, when grandma remembers and we forget, that's pretty bad.

In the spirit of Karen and Queen's recent postings, I will give a shortened version of how my husband and I met. It's not nearly as romantic and feel good as theirs, it's more weird actually. I met the hubby when I was attempting to re-connect with my old boyfriend from high school. It had been years since I had seen him and through a series of rather strange circumstances, I re-located him through an acquaintance. Don't ask why I would want to re-connect with this person. Maybe I was just curious and wanted to see what he had been doing for the past 5 or so years of his life since I had last seen him.

So anyway, a friend and I made the trip over to his apartment. He opened the door and looked like he had been sleeping. He looked at me with a very confused look on his face, said, "Kristen?!" and let the friend and I in. After some catch up conversation (in which I found out he was currently trying to patch up a relationship with a current girlfriend) he told me that he has a roommate who has a 1.5 year old son who he was currently with at the time. I didn't think much of it. He invited my friend and me back the next day (looking back on it, I think he was trying to set us up; why else would he invite me back when he was trying to make his relationship with this other person work). Anyway, we did come over the next day, and I met his roommate. He seemed a little shy and didn't say much while we were there. Over the course of the next few weeks, we got to know eachother a little better and I really enjoyed his company. The fun really started when his ex-girlfriend, mother of his son, showed up when I was there one day with his son (who I affectionately now refer to as Yoda on my blog). She was under the mistaken impression that she and the hubby were trying to "work things out" and was not in the least happy to see that he had apparently moved on with someone else. It was not a pretty sight and I'm not going to go into that now....that's a whole weeks worth of blogs in and of itself. I got to meet Yoda that day, who I thought was about the cutest boy I had ever met.

Long story short (because really there's nothing that remarkable about our courtship), we were together for 2.5 years when we finally got married. Yoda was our ring bearer. He was 4 years old by that time.

Here is our engagement picture:
engagement pictures

    Here is a picture of Yoda at our wedding:
    anthony.doc


    Like I said, not a terribly exciting story, no bells and whistles, but he's my hubby and I love him. He's a wonderful father; I couldn't ask for better. We may try to get away this weekend to a nice little mountain town a few miles from here. We'll see. That is, if anyone can watch our three little monkeys. Any takers? :-)


Have a great day!

5 comments:

Shannon Nelson said...

Happy Anniversary! You look beautiful in your engagement picture!

someone else said...

I'm glad something in my blog was meaningful to you today. Remember you are loved and have a wonderful anniversary!

Kristen said...

Thanks lotionbarbunny. I'll have to run over and check out your blog! ;-)

Thanks, too, Becky.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!

And yes, there is always something remarkable about finding love. Don't downplay it!

You and the hubs looks so great in that picture.

Sherry said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you can find something relaxing to do ALONE=)