Mar 21, 2006

And another year has come & gone

And next year will be the big five. What is that anniversary? Paper? Wood? Dirt? Maybe I'll get a nice piece of coal or something next year for my anniversary. What is it with making stuff like that an anniversary marking anyway? Let's just stick to the precious gems, people. I don't need a hunk of wood for my anniversary! (Although wood did help to make a nice fire that night.)

So, we didn't do anything outrageously special or expensive this year. We just basically had two date nights and spent the night at home while our respective parents spent their nights living out the exhaustion we live on a daily basis. Hee hee! I shouldn't get joy out of that right? But hey, I got two nights of un-interrupted sleep. That gives me a right to be joyous. But like I said before it won't happen for another several months, if not a year. By then I'll have a full head of that blondish grey hair and wrinkles as deep as the grand canyon.

We saw three pretty good movies this weekend. Hubby forced me to go to the theater with him and see "V for Vendetta". The hubster and I usually agree on movies. Movies we want to see, movies we have seen, etc. He's lucky. I'm not one of those "chick-flick" kinda gals (and at the same token, I'm lucky because he's not a maniac sports enthusiast, thus I get to avoid March Madness....sorry Karen.) But anyway, I wasn't sure what I thought of "V for Vendetta" when I saw the previews. But he wanted to see it so bad I gave in. If you like action, on the edge of your seat type movies GO. SEE. IT! It is crazy. Then we saw "Walk The Line" (at home. sitting by the fire.) Good flick. I can see why Reese won the Oscar. But Joaquin should have, too. Hey, I'm no movie critic. It's just my opinion. We also rented "The Constant Gardener", but I fell asleep on it. It was due yesterday. I haven't watched it yet. It better be good for the cost of a day late fee.

The weekend is over. I had a good time, but went through withdrawl. Why is it that I can so look forward to time away from my kids, but when they are gone I miss them like crazy? What a conflict.

Tonight is American Idol. C'mon Ace & Chris. Blow 'em away!!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Glad you are nice and rested! Good going on the ESP=)

Unknown said...

That first paragraph just CRACKED ME UP. You are a hilarious girl, K.

Kristen said...

Hey, thanks Karen! :-) Same goes for you!!