Mar 1, 2006

Fun and more fun!!

So, as you can plainly see, I am still having blog issues, however, I have her majesty, The Queen working on it for me, so hopefully I'll be up and running normally again soon. So, if you are wondering where my profile and all my links are, they are wayyyyy down at the bottom under all the other posts. Grrr. Speaking of The Queen, I was really hoping I was going to win her Tuesday guess it game and have my blog posted on her oh-so-famous and highly read blog this morning, but alas, someone else won, someone who I dearly love, so I have no hard feelings. :-) Visit her blog sometime: Morning Glory.

Anyhoo, among other fun things happening in my life right now, Fiesty is yet again enjoying a lovely stomach virus. I believe it's about as much fun for me as it is for her (well, maybe not quite). I've changed enough poopy diapers and been vomited enough on the past few days to last me for the next five years. In fact, as I sit here at my desk typing this, I think I smell a slight odor of yucky poopy coming from my shirt from when I held her this morning. Lovely. No wonder I'm getting such repulsive looks this morning from my co-workers. As well, I have chunks of dried oatmeal all over my shirt. I must look like I hopped out of bed, picked something out of my dirty clothes bin, neglected a shower and drove half asleep to work. Good times I tell ya. GOOD TIMES!! However, as we all know, being a mom comes with the good and the bad and all the bad times in the world wouldn't make we want to trade the millions of more good times I have with my three precious ones. I just happen to be enjoying more difficult times this week. It will all be forgotten next week when my little girl is her happy self again and treats me with one of her arm crushing hugs!!

I'm also going to do my first meme! Yay for me! Karen issued me with the challenge, so here we go!

Five years ago . . .
Let's see, that would be 2001. Ummm...I wasn't married yet, I didn't have any kids yet, but I was dating my husband to be at the time. I don't think anything remarkable was happening at that time in my life.

One year ago . . .
One year ago today I was taking my kids to the "celebrate kids" celebration downtown. They got to stand inside firetrucks, go on horse and buggy rides, and do all sorts of other fun things. Today, my mom will be taking them to the same thing.

Yesterday . . .
I spent the morning with my girls running around paying bills and taking care of my sick little one. In the afternoon, I came to work and encountered aforementioned blog issues. The evening consisted of an ultra-healthy dinner of McDonald's (because I had no desire to cook), which Fiesty promptly threw up. Why did you feed your sick daughter food from the grease pit you ask? Well, she had been feeling better, hadn't had an "incident" in several hours, and she just seemed so hungry. Obviously in hindsight, I wouldn't have done this. Hey, I never said I was perfect.

Tomorrow . . .
Tomorrow is my day off. I will take myself and girls to Bible Study (if Fiesty can manage to keep from losing everything she eats by then), and we will spend a hopefully healthy day together. And I will get some much needed soiled laundry and house sterilization done.

Five snacks I enjoy....

  1. King Sized Snickers
  2. Peanut butter sandwiches
  3. chocolate chip cookies
  4. pretzels
  5. ice cream

Five things I'd do with $100,000,000.00 . . .

  1. Pay every single bill off that I have
  2. Buy a new house
  3. Buy a new car for me, and one for my husband
  4. Put my kids in a private, Christian school
  5. Build my parents their dream house

Five places I'd like to go . . .

  1. Hawaii
  2. Paris, France
  3. Disneyworld
  4. Any tropical island
  5. to bed

Five bad habits I have . . .

  1. Letting laundry pile up
  2. Shaking my leg
  3. getting impatient
  4. playing on the internet instead of working
  5. spending money on things i don't need

Five things I like doing . . .

  1. Reading a good Stephen King book
  2. Watching a good movie
  3. Spending time with my kids
  4. Spending time with my husband
  5. Sleeping

Five biggest joys in my life . . .

  1. Hubby
  2. Yoda
  3. Care Bear
  4. Fiesty
  5. Free time

Five favorite TV shows....

  1. American Idol
  2. Survivor
  3. The Apprentice
  4. Law & Order: SVU
  5. Friends (always & forever)

And thus, ends my first meme. And todays post. Have a good one everyone!!

3 comments:

COOKIES PLACE said...

I just love your Blog. How cool and so very honest.
Got a minute between the "job" and the kids, stop by my house - BLESSED HOUSE and feel free to visit.

Cookie

Rachelle said...

I love the meme's! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Mmm, the pukies at your house. Not much fun. I'm sending you lots of prayers and many mental images of Lysol cans your way. May Feisty shake it soon.