Jan 22, 2007

Celebrity News by Kristen--Issue 2

Doing My Small Part to keep Bloggy-World Informed
Volume 1: Issue 2
Justin and Alyssa
Justin Timberlake (who I will non-affectionately refer to as J.T. from here on out) made the news this week again. So I guess Scarlett didn't float his boat, so to say. He was seen "courting" ex-flame Alyssa Milano this week and also hanging out with Eva Longoria. Wait a minute...isn't Eva engaged? I thought so. Hey, J.T....you got something against women your own age? If you really wanna hang with women who were graduating high school long before you were an 'N Syncer, how about giving Reese Witherspoon a look? Now, there's a sweetheart and a half if I ever saw one. And she's classy. A classy lady could really bring your sexy back. But I suppose a girl who refuses to show her belly and generally keeps her hair the same color all of the time is too un-interesting for you, eh? Maybe if she got her nose pierced....





Next thing you know, we'll be hearing that you're "courting" Lance Bass. I do hear that he is single again. Maybe you should give going solo a try for awhile.







Paula Abdul
Paula Abdul has a chronic pain condition. She's on pain killers. This is why she acts like she just came off of a three-day bender when she's in interviews and judging on "American Idol"....or so say her reps. I think I can help ya Paula. First off....only take the amount prescribed to you. Not the whole bottle. Secondly, don't add a fifth of Jack to your coca-cola cup that is ever present on your judging table. Chasing pain killers with liquor will probably tend to exacerbate that "loopy" condition. And if you don't like nasty rumors being spread around about you and your "fraternizing" with the young male contestants on the show, my advice is this: "Don't look so dreamy with drool spilling down your cheek this year if there is an Ace or Corey look a like....even if they do come down to your table and croon in your ear. People will talk." ...or maybe that drool is a result of your drugs and Jack...I don't know.

Beyonce Knowles







Hey, Beyonce.....Ariel called....she wants her dress back. This is no "Dream Girl" dress. Unless she plans on taking a flying leap into the great blue to chase after her dream mer-man. Bleh.









Passions--the soap opera
NBC has just announced plans to cancel the eight year soap opera after adding an extra hour to the Today Show in the morning. The soap debuted in 1999 and is infamous for its supernatural storylines (i.e. a doll that comes to life, a 300 year old witch with a 4 year old daughter) and for its pathetic damsels in distress who pine after the same man all their live-long days. I must admit, I am guilty on occasion of tuning into this show, but only because it follows the best soap evah--Days of Our Lives.

There is talk of possibly moving the show to another network (MY Network TV or Soap Net), or even making it an internet based soap opera. The kicker? The current cast must all be on board. Tell ya what I'd say 'bout that: "Take your minimum wage internet based soap opera paycheck and shove it. I'd sooner work at McDonald's." Soap opera stars are already the lowest on the totem pole of actors. Move it to the internet and what you've got there is career suicide.

Tune in next week for another edition of Kristen's Celebrity News. Until then, keep your eyes and ears open.

**There is a new poll on the sidebar related to this post.

11 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I'm enjoying your Celebrity news posts. I could never get into Passions, it was too out there for me. I won't be too sad to see it gone!

Diane Viere said...

You! Are! A! Goofball!

How great is it that I will no longer have to peruse People Magazine--I can simply come here for my craving for celebrity nonsense! Think of all the time you have provided for more blogging! I guess...a thank you is in order!

THANKS!

Diane

Carole Burant said...

Oh Kristen...LOL...you are so greatttt at this, you could get a job easily as a celebrity gossip columnist! hehe I've never been able to stand JT..ugh, don't even know what women find in him. As for Paula, I've never cared for her either and all I know is that she seems to have a serious problem...with drinking and drugs! I wastched DOOL for over 23 years but haven't in the last few years, it was just getting too silly for a while. Hugs xoxo

TJ said...

I didn't know soap opra stars got minimum wage...they sure don't dress like it...lol...I know you are rolling your eyes thinking I'm so dumb...lol!! Maybe the wage issue is why they are always having to kill people off???
:-D

Lala's world said...

I never got into Passions either, I have watched Days for years like since I was 11! I don't watch it hardly at all anymore, I kind of gave it up!

Barb said...

Boy, do I agree with you about Paula. I still can't understand for the life of me why she's on AI. It's sad. It really is sad the way she acts on that show and at all her public appearances, too.

Linda said...

Were it not for you Kristen I would just be totally out of it as far as celebrity news goes. I'm embarrassed to say I hardly know any of these people (well - poor Paula) - but they are interesting in a weird sort of way :)
Keep warm and have a good week.

Jen said...

I just subscribed to your blog--love your take on the celebrity gossip. Very funny!

Unknown said...

It's fun to read your commentary on the celebrity news!

Anonymous said...

Straight up now tell me, where does Paula get her drugs? I want some of that action. Would make my day go a lot better..

Fun post, you know I loves me some celebrities

Gina said...

Exact Ditto of what Nikkie said! Love these new posts and hate the Passions.