Jan 21, 2007

Invasion of the Husband Snatchers

I've been married for very close to five (5) years now. In that amount of time, I can count on one hand the number of weekend mornings that I have been able to sleep in, and the number of times my husband has gotten up in the middle of the night to help me with sleepless children.

Yesterday morning, as usual, my darling girls were up before the sun, and as usual I dragged myself out of bed to start the morning with them and brew a way too strong cup of coffee. I don't even attempt to wake him up anymore on weekend mornings because then I have a grumpy spouse to deal with all day.

On this day, to my utter and complete surprise, he woke up and told me, "Why don't you go ahead and go back to sleep." Uh.....whaaaaaat??? I think the look of shock on my face must have been pretty obvious and all I could utter in response was, "For real?" And when he confirmed that,yes, that is what he said, I bounded up those steps as fast as my tired legs could carry me and got two more hours of priceless and wonderful sleep.

Last night, in the middle of the night, I heard Feisty wake up. I laid there for awhile hoping by hope that she would go back to sleep because my tired ole bones had no desire to get up and go attend to her. To my surprise, I heard my husband get up and go take care of the situation. I didn't hear another thing until morning.

So, all I have to say to this strange creature that seems to have inhabited my husbands body is, "Who are you and what have you done with my husband?!?!"

13 comments:

Mall Worker said...

wow, thats just amazing. I would have died from shock!

Linda said...

That is so funny Kristen (although I understand exactly what you mean). I'm so glad he did that for you.
Have a wonderful RESTED weekend!

Dawn said...

Just thank the Lord for each little blessing! And praise Hubby to the max!! This is behavior that needs to be rewarded so that it happens again . . . and again . . . and again!

Pamela said...

What a sweet and thoughtful guy your hubby is to give you a much needed little break! My hubby is the same way...very thoughtful! :)

Carole Burant said...

Let's hope it's a New Year's resolution that he made and will keep on doing it! lol Hugs xox

someone else said...

Have you located him yet?

Wow. Pretty nice of him.

Diane Viere said...

Love your mom's comment--so true--Men thrive on praise! I don't mean that in a negative way--it's just true. After 32 years of marriage, I have found that praise works so much better than [even] healthy critique! So praise away--and keep us posted!

Love your sense of humor too! That helps keep a relationship healthy too.

diane

Unknown said...

suh-weet!

by the way, I fixed you in my bloglines. you're workin great now.

Lala's world said...

that is funny, he sounds like my hubby, we say that same thing when the other does something out of the norm!!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Got here through Praying for Your Prodigal, and, as a mom of 4, you post made me do the Happy Stretch: you know, when the Hub gets out of bed to go on K.D. (Kid Duty) and you get to do the Happy Stretch and flutter your little eyes right back to Stage 4 REM.

I agree with your other commenters that you can increase the liklihood of a repeat performance by treating him like he's just found the cure for gray hair. Just a suggestion.

Nifty, nifty blog, BTW. I think I'll poke around a bit...

Andrew McAllister said...

I LOVE stories like that! This is such a nice change of pace from the "Dismaying Stories" about relationships I deal with all the time over at my site. Good for him, and I hope the sleep was delicious!

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

Unknown said...

Thats awesome....Hope it continues,Just browing blogs here at work and thought I would say hello

C. H. Green said...

Send whatever bug bit him over to my house pleaseeeeee.