Mar 9, 2007

Celebrity News by Kristen--American Idol Edition

Volume 1: Issue 7
Doing My Part to Keep Bloggy World Informed

**Disclaimer: I have nothing personally against any celebrities mentioned in "Celebrity News by Kristen". It is only for fun and only opinions. Please do not sue me.

I apologize for being remiss in delivering you "Celebrity News" the past couple of weeks. Maybe you hadn't even noticed. I quite honestly haven't had the energy to do it, and I haven't even been keeping up very well on the celebrity gossip lately. If I don't know what's going on, I can't very well deliver the news to you, eh? Truthfully, the CNbyK posts take a lot of time between finding the pictures, uploading them, arranging them on the page with the text. I like doing it, but may not commit to doing it every week from now on. Only when I feel something burning that must be reported. OK? And maybe on Tuesday, or maybe on Friday, like today. So I guess that means you'll just have to tune in every day just in case I decide to do it or not. :-) This week, I bring you a special edition of the News featurning...what else...American Rejects Idol!!

SANJAYA MALAKAR

Whaaaaaaaaattttt????? Whaaa-hutttt?? Stop voting for this guy! Stop voting for this guy! Stop voting for this guy!! What is the appeal? Will someone please explain to me why this girl guy continues to make it through week after week after week?? Sorry, that was mean. But the hair, people, the hair!! I have nothing really against long hair on guys, but I have to agree with Ryan Seacrest on this one. Or was it Randy. No, I think it was Simon; it's hard to tell the difference between Sanjaya and Paula sometimes if you're just looking at the hair. But beyond the hair, the talent to be at this level is just not there. I do not like the way the set up and the eliminations are done anymore before we get to the final twelve. There didn't used to have to be an even number of guys and gals and now, to make it fair, we have to have six guys and six girls in the finals. Forget the fact that quite a few much better singers may have been sacrificed in order to keep the numbers even. Nothing against the guy personally, but I find it extremely hard to believe that he is one of the 12 best singers in the country right now. Give me William Hung any day. At least the guy has a personality!

HALEY SCARNATO

Simon said on Wednesday night when she sang, "I don't even know your name. While that was, in my opinion, extremely cold-hearted and rude (but that's our Simon isn't it?), I have to agree with him. I remember the girls name now, but when the top 24 started a few weeks ago, I don't remember seeing her at all in the auditions, in the Hollywood round or anywhere else. For me to get excited about the contestants, I feel like I have to know something about them and feel some sort of connection to them, or they have to stand out in some major way (*cough Chris Daughtrey), and she just doesn't. She has a lovely voice and she's a very pretty girl, but she certainly is no Sabrina who got sent home last night in favor of Haley. How many times must the judges and Seacrest remind everyone every episode and every year that if you want to keep your favorites in, you have to vote and not assume that they are safe! I think this was what happened to both Sundance Head and Sabrina in their demise. People voted like crazy for Sanjaya and Haley assuming they were out, and neglected to vote for the ones they thought were safe. I hereby vow to vote til my fingers bleed from here on out for my personal faves, who happen to be......

BLAKE LEWIS
Ahhh...Blake! Like a breath of fresh AI air. I have to admit, when I first saw Blake in the auditions, I thought to myself, 'Is this guy a joke?' The beat-boxing was a little wierd to me. I initially thought he was like one of those people who comes into the audition room and does their wierd thing just to get their 15 seconds of fame. But as I continued to see him move on in the process, he really grew on me. He's different. I like different. I get tired of hearing the same songs sung by the same voices by people who look the same. Blake sings current songs by current artists and presents them in his own unique way. I think Blake will do very well and I can even see him being in the top three. Give it up for Blake!

CHRIS SLIGH
Chris ROCKS! There's not much about this guy I don't like. He's not even afraid to take on Simon. Like Blake, I think he'll make it pretty far. I lurve him.

CHRIS RICHARDSON
At first I thought he was real cocky. He compares himself to Timberlake, and you all know how I feel about good ole J.T. I black-balled the poor sucker at first simply because of his self comparison. Seems pretty inflated to stand up there in front of the country and announce to everyone out there that you are just like one of the most famous male pop singeres out there. But as I watched him more and listened to him more, I got to like the guy. I honestly don't think he'll get as far as the other two I mentioned above, but I think he'll be there longer that Mr. Sanjaya. (Unless people forget how to use their phones and vote!) Do you sense a theme to this post? Just vote people, OK??

GINA GLOCKSON
Three guesses why I like her? Maybe it might have something to do with the fact that I think she resembles one of my co-workers who is way cool but I don't think it has much to do with that because I just caught the resemblance last night. If you guessed because she's different then you would be right. The chick sang Evanescence last night. What more do I need to say? Takin' on Amy Lee! Go girl! You ROCK!
Those are my favorites. And the majority of them are guys. It always seems to happen that way for me and despite the flack the boys are getting from the judges this year, I still prefer them over the gals. Despite Ms. Gina, the girls all sound strangely like every other female pop or R&B star out there and they sing the same songs every other AI contestant has sung. To quote Simon, "They bore me."

I somehow doubt that a guy will win this year, which means that my current trend of never picking a winner will continue, but alas, they are who I like. Hey, last year I was going for Chris Daughtrey and although he didn't win (for which I still think there was a conspiracy going there...same as the Clay/Ruben year), look where he is now. He's huge!

As for the rest of the top 12, they're all OK and I think they all deserve to be there but I could do without them, too.

And that is it for today's edition of Celebrity News by Kristen. I will try to return next week with more highlights of AI, or maybe some other exciting news. Maybe Britney will get out of rehab or something, or maybe someone will wear real fur and get people's panties in a bundle. If not, AI it is. :-)

There is a CNbyK related poll on the side bar. Vote. If you want.

signature 2

8 comments:

Dawn said...

So - are you going to tell who won the voting on Care Bear's real name??

BTW, I think you meant to say Sabrina, not Gina at one point. Check it out.

I still love Malinda!

Mall Worker said...

I know, how the heck does Sanjaya keep making it back! Its just totally insane! And Haley beat Sabrina? That is also just insane. I, just like you, can't even remember Haely from the auditons, holloywood, or anything. Thats just crazy. I'm a Chris Sligh fan too, he's cool!

mamashine said...

Chris Sligh is my favorite, although I did like Sundance too. But I didn't vote, so I can't complain. And I'm not really sure why I liked him since his singing was not always that great.
Chris R. I'm not so fond of. I was hoping he would go home instead of Jared. But REALLY it should have been Sanjaya. You're totally right about that.

Funny, right after Simon said that about Haley, my husband walked in and says, "Who is that chick? I always forget her name." So he's rude, maybe, but right!

Gina ROCKED. Love the Evanescence.

Cheryl said...

Hey girl...I have been totally out of blogland for some time now...just having a minute here and there to post, but I did want to come by and say "hey"!

I really never got much into American Idol, but right now I'm really not much into T.V. I trust that you probably have the right take on these folks.

I too get tired of hearing the same voices...it is not just about voice, it is about drawing your audience into absolutely loving you.

Hey...have a good weekend! Sorry I've not been around your part of the woods much!

Lala's world said...

I can't stand sanjaya either....his eyebrows creep me out and like NO personality! I love Gina's personality and I love love love her hair, I want it might just do it!
I think Lakisha or Melinda will win personally! and yes the girls are WAY better than the boys!

Carole Burant said...

I don't watch American Idol so I have no idea who all those people are! lol I watched one show of the try outs once and I was so turned off by Simon and the lack of talent, I just never watched it again!!

Trisha said...

Glad to see Celebrity News is back! We are a couple weeks behind here in Japan. We have just finished up with the last audition show. So, remember don't give too much away!

Pam said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have officially given up American Idol and instead I just tune into your blog each week for an update!

Love it! And seriously, that sanjay guy - VOTE yourself off already!!!!