Mar 27, 2007

I've Been Customized!

Na na na na na na na na na na
She's got the look! --Roxette circa 1989


I've been blogging now for over a year...technically almost two if you want to count the six measly posts I did in 2005....and I've always wanted a custom design. Oh, I tried myself here and there....dabbled a little bit. I even had a couple of "tweaked" templates that didn't look too bad. But then Blogger screwed me up royally when they decided to go switch everything up on me. New blogger templates? Yeah, I can't even attempt to mess with those. So, I decided it was time. Time to admit defeat and go to a pro.

Enter Susie. Of Bluebird Blogs. I've seen her designs everywhere and have loved everyone I've ever seen. So I contacted her. After working with her for awhile, she installed my new design last night. Color me excited! What do you think? I love it. I like to just stare at it. People who can do this awe me. I aspire to be one of "those people" someday. (But by the time I do figure it out, blogs will probably be passe).

So anyway, if you're looking for a custom design and want to work with a very sweet and professional person, Susie is your gal. I think she's actually not taking anymore requests until early April, but I'm just putting a plug in for her. She's great!

12 comments:

Barb said...

She's the best. I've yet to see anything less than wonderful when she designs a template.

I love, love this. And I'm glad you kept that photo for your header.

And by the way, you're not a schlub. Good grief. You're a full-time working mom. I stay home and make burp cloths. Who's the schlub? Moi!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Love your new look! Susie does the nicest work. Enjoy your "new" blog :)

Unknown said...

Lovely. The lavender and the plaid is super cuteness.

Love the Roxette quote. Classic.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

"...She's got the look...What in the world could make a brown-eyed girl turn blue..."

Not that I know the song or anything, LOL! ;D

Susie did a wonderful job on your template! Love it, Kristen. Not that your attempts were bad, but this one just suits your temperament, I think.

Enjoy, my friend.

Carole Burant said...

It's fabulous Kristen!!! Love it!! I've seen a lot of the templates that Susie has made and I agree, they're all superb. Like you, I wish I knew how to do all this stuff from scratch...I wish I had been born a computer geek! lol xox

Linda said...

It's just perfect Kristen. She does great work. I don't think I will ever get to the point where I can do this. Besides - I wouldn't want to deprive someone else of the joy of designing things for me :-)
I love the color.

Tammy said...

Love it! :D
Sorry I haven't been here in awhile...but how fun to come back just as you have a new look!

I've held out all this time for a design- any design- but maybe by my blogaversary in May I'll finally take the plunge! She does do a good job! :)

Gabriela said...

Your site looks great!!!

Trisha said...

I love, love, love the new look. And you are right, Susie does a great job no matter where she goes!

Rachelle said...

I like it! Looks good!

Anonymous said...

It looks great!

mamashine said...

Oh I love it! And if yours is done, that means mine is further up the list! :)