Mar 19, 2007

Charley Girls Birthday Party and Assorted Randomness

Oh, yes, we partied hard at the Golden Arches and beyond this weekend for Brooke's baby girl Charlie who turned two. The last time I went to a birthday party at McDonald's was for my brother's birthday when I was about five years old. I didn't even know McDonald's did kids' birthdays anymore. I threw up after my brother's birthday party. Good memories.



The birthday girl looking at me thinking to herself, "Ummm...I think I know you. You look vaguely familiar. I seem to recall seeing you at various family holidays, but I don't remember your name." Trust me. That's what she said.




"Who are you??"
"NO, who are YOU?"
"Wanna play?"
"Uhh, OK."


"Quit licking the candles off of my cake Oliver! Whose birthday party is this?? Hey! Do I look diva-licious in these glasses or what??"



"Right on! A Dora doll! Next present, please!





"Do I have to wear this hat? Really?""Duh, Feisty. Of course you do. Besides, it's a rad hat! But can we go party at Oliver and Charley's house now?? Puuhhllleeezzz?"

care bear oliver train set "Rad train-set Oliver. I really like the word Rad. Do you like the word Rad? RAD!"


care bear and charley
Hey Oliver! Throw some of that pizza over here! Charley and I are hungry!

care bear and charley rolling aroundAnd now we must roll around on the floor, cuz we're cool like that! Hey! Grab my mom's camera. Self-portrait time!

care bear self portraitcare bear and mommy self portrait

Oh.My.Word. Mom, you are soooo not rad!

brooke and meHey, Brooke! Can you toss me my Diet. Dr. Pepper, please? I need some caffeine and quick. Or maybe I just need my bed.

Sadly, though, through the 1.5 hour drive home, my girls did not fall asleep. An hour after we got home, they were still wide awake! As I have said before, my girls are the ultimate party girls. Give them some cake, some lollipops and a good dose of caffeine and they'll party all night long. Hour and a half drive or not!

*****************************************
And let the Randomness commence..
*****************************************
I hate my hair. No. I hate my bangs. Why, oh why did I get bangs? I hate them every time they get them. Maybe because when I decided to get my hair cut with the gift card my mom got me I felt like I needed something to show for the haircut since I refused to get it cut short like she wanted me to. But I.Hate.My.Bangs. Time to break out the barrettes until they grow out again. Bleh.
********************************
I'm doing an overhaul of my closet and my kids' closets to make room for all the clothes we have. Currently, all of the clean laundry is folded in piles on the floor. Clothes that no longer fit or are being un-worn are occupying closets and drawers. In doing this, I discovered that out of about 12 pairs of jeans, I currently have three pairs that don't have holes in the knees or in the rear. My rear is too bony I guess. I can't exist on three pairs of jeans. Time to go shopping I guess.
********************************
I can see my grass! I can see my grass! I can see my grass! The snow is GONE. For now. Let the rummage sale begin.
********************************
Wanna see my band? Wanna see my band? Here we are. Yesterday before we performed in all our glory. It's kind of dark. Sorry. (And yes, *shocker*, I wore jeans to church yesterday. Hey, I have to dress up every day for work. We play for the "contemporary" service. I wore jeans. )
praise band
Anakin enjoyed watching us play as he made a rare appearance at Church yesterday. His mother unexpectedly dropped him off at my mom's house while we were still in Denver partying so that SHE could go out partying for St. Patty's Day. Oh, yeah. I'm nominating her for Mother Of The Year.
anakin in church

And I think I'm done. This post has worn me out more than the birthday party! Crappy Happy Monday!

11 comments:

brooke said...

I really should seriously kill you for posting that unattractive photo of yours truly, but I won't. Because Charley got her own *practically* post!! Yeah!!! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun party! I can't believe your girls didn't fall asleep on the way home...they ARE party girls!
I don't like my hair since my last haircut so now I am growing my bangs and other layers out too. Fun, fun!

Unknown said...

Those are fun pictures!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures. Glad to drop into your blog. Its really nice.
Perhaps you could also take a peep into my blog on birthday greeting cards for loads of fun stuffs.

Anonymous said...

looks like a great party. i like simply like birthdays, what a wonderful way to celebrate life. i have just posted few party ideas for kids in my blog, you can take a look.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing party....and cute girls :) u can take a tour at my blog to check out my latest updates..am sure u would just like it...let me know about my postings and in case u dont like anything..u can always pen down ur opinion in my comments box..hope to hear from u soon..cheers :)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Those captions you wrote are cute!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the photos of Charlie's party - and your way of telling the story. Looks like the kids all had fun together, and exhausted the moms!

Dawn said...

My favorite picture of all is the one of Charley and Feisty - they do look like they're having a conversation and the look on Feisty's face is priceless.

Sherry said...

that looks like a ton of fun. Very cute pictures! your hair is so long! I think it looks really cute. excited to see you in a week or so. thanks for the picture of the band...that was also fun to see-*sigh*.

someone else said...

The party looks like it was a lot of fun. The kids are all so cute.